What to do when on Vacation?

2azwildcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have transitioned my male cat to a raw diet.  He was very easy and he looks great.  My female cat is very stubborn and I have to entice her to even eat canned food.  (and she was the one that made me want to try a raw diet as she had crystals!)  She is a princess for sure.  Anyways,  I have to travel for work every once in a while and for vacation.  I have a cat sitter but she only comes once a day.  Any suggestions on how to feed the raw and canned without it going bad during the day?  I have to admit it was much easier when I was able to feed dry and wet when I was out of town.  

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
how about you have the sitter put half a portion out frozen to thaw during the day, the other half thawed so they can eat it at once (or as soon as it  gets to room temp). I wouldn't worry too much about it going bad - if you look at mountain lions, they eat from the same carcass for a couple days and stay healthy. The cat's stomach is evolved quite well to cope with meat. About the canned, just have the sitter put out one can a day... maybe, if it's gone, your princess will try the raw?

Anyway, you're lucky you have a sitter willing to feed raw!!!