What time did they get you up this morning?

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4:30 am here.

4 hours later and they are, of course, asleep and I am slumping over the keyboard, thinking about a nice breakfast and then a nice nap myself.

*yawn*

ms waise

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Noon here. Lol I could've slept a few more hours but Kimbo kept licking my eyelids and nostrils. to be honest it hurts, so I woke up and fed her and had a cup of coffee while she ate and then went right back to sleep... As I sat there wide awoke! I thought maybe I'll lick her eyelids while she's trying to sleep and see how she likes it! Bwahaha I won't but I imagined the sight of me Iicking a cats eyelids and was immediately tickled by the thought.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a day off for me but for some strange reason I woke up at 6:30 am on my own.  No one actually woke me up this morning.  I laid in bed until my hubby woke up at 7:15 for work because one of my cats was asleep on me and I did not want to make him move.  I did take a nap for a few hours this afternoon.  I do not have to work again until Sunday so hopefully I will not wake up that early tomorrow.

blazewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My small fuzzy alarm clock woke me up at just after 6 this morning, which is quite typical of her.  Usually I'll go back to sleep again after being woken by the cat stepping or sitting on me.  This morning though not a chance.  She decided it would it would be so much fun to paw at the bedroom window, and then meow in the hall when I put her out of the room because of it, lol.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli rarely wakes us up, presumably because one of us is usually awake by 6 - 6:30 a.m. even on days off. Any later, and he'd be demanding breakfast immediately.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine too ^

They seem to know when it's a work day and when it's not - probably by the time l go to bed the night before. Rhys is ALWAYS the first one up, and usually within 5 minutes of me getting up. The other two l have to peel off the bed in a morning 

On the rare occasion l have to get up through the night, they know l'm not actually getting up, so they stay in bed till l get back.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Noon here. Lol I could've slept a few more hours but Kimbo kept licking my eyelids and nostrils. to be honest it hurts, so I woke up and fed her and had a cup of coffee while she ate and then went right back to sleep... As I sat there wide awoke! I thought maybe I'll lick her eyelids while she's trying to sleep and see how she likes it! Bwahaha I won't but I imagined the sight of me Iicking a cats eyelids and was immediately tickled by the thought.
    Hubby and I have said that often--if a cat is head bonking us, for example, when we're trying to sleep, he'll say "Just wait--I'm going to wait until Zoe is asleep and start bonking her in the head and see how she likes it!"  LOL  Can you imagine the thought bubble over the cat's head if their human started doing that?  It would either be "WTH?!" or "Yay, let's play!"  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Jake is my 5:30 a.m. alarm clock, every morning without fail, yowling for breakfast from the cat room (right next to the bedroom).  Usually I get up then, but today is Saturday so I ignored him and managed to get back to sleep....until 6:45 when Zoe decided enough was enough and she jumped up on the bed to head-bonk me:  TIME FOR BREAKFAST!  

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

My small fuzzy alarm clock woke me up at just after 6 this morning, which is quite typical of her.
My fuzzy alarm clock wakes me every morning between 5:15 and 5:30 like clockwork.  I try to ignore her till the clock radio comes on at 6, but some mornings she wears me down first. 

Just wondering what time she will wake me tomorrow morning, since the time goes ahead tonight.

ms waise

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:funpst:     Hubby and I have said that often--if a cat is head bonking us, for example, when we're trying to sleep, he'll say "Just wait--I'm going to wait until Zoe is asleep and start bonking her in the head and see how she likes it!"  LOL  Can you imagine the thought bubble over the cat's head if their human started doing that?  It would either be "WTH?!" or "Yay, let's play!"  :lol3:
Lol right?! Sometimes vengeance is a very necessary tool when it comes to our furry friends.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
BooBoo starts in right around 4:45 or so in the morning. Rick and I are usually awake anyway as we get out of bed at 5:00. We haven't used an alarm clock in years....we have feline clocks here and they're quite accurate.

I don't know if it's a genetic thing or what, but for years Whisper and Bootser (BooBoo and Ms. Pepe's mother and aunt) would start in with the meows around 3:30 or so. Every morning. They were old and both have passed on now. We had about three weeks of quiet after Bootser passed away back at the end of December, but now BooBoo is taking over where his mom and aunt left off.....he is now our alarm clock. Some morning Ms. Pepe will join him. Thankfully, though, they're not quite the "early risers" that their relatives were! 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Autumn usually starts waking me up around 7:30am.  I will usually make a bathroom visit at that time anyway so get up and feed her, then go back to bed.  I'm retired so make my own schedule.  Autumn, after eating comes back to sleep with me also.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tony starts banging on the bedroom door around 6 a.m. We're both morning people and get up automatically. Haven't had to set an alarm in years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's 3:40 am, but this morning's saga actually began about an hour ago. Woke up myself for a bathroom break and couldn't get back to LaLaLand. Didn't take long for the kitties to start circling and snuffling with that "we know you're awake" routine. I tried. It was a fail. Here I am at the keyboard. They, of course, had brushies and breakfast and went back to bed. Today's schedule is a full one. I'll be suffering later.

muramcon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We're lucky, none of our babies bug us about food. We put food out morning and night but they are round the clock nibblers, so its rare for the dishes to be completely empty in the morning. Usually if the boys want food they will start walking on us in bed, and sometimes lick our hands or lie on our chests. But they are all very mellow cats :) I worry our next one will be a crazy hellion and we won't know how to deal.