What Tabby Am I?

Mperdo2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EAA93614-C0B0-4C1A-82FD-4BBAFBE8C223.jpeg 2F9889A3-A3BF-4448-8330-5F8DF54AABEE.jpeg F47AE940-0D6E-48E9-B3EC-C9974D88ACEB.jpeg 949463F1-0985-43BB-B322-73AC7D5BBC1C.jpeg
I recently got a kitten, her name is Pop!
She’s 3 months old. She’s super long and skinny. She loves to cuddle, but also loves to play and scratch! She likes jumping and running, but is very shy and scared of loud noises. I’m sure she’s a tabby, but I can’t identify her breed. Her belly has a lot of dots too!

Attachments

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Precious! I dont know enough about describing the tabby pattern but the breed i domestic short hair. So cute.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My guess is a classic tabby
Stripes down sides
A classic tabby is marbled, though.

Mackerel tabbies have stripes down their sides, so I would say that adorable little Pop is a mackerel tabby. Tabbies (including mackerel tabbies) often have spotted bellies.

I think her coloring is silver, but others with more experience will weigh in, I'm sure.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute baby! I would describe your kitten as a blue mackerel tabby domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed.

The mackerel tabby pattern is characterized by vertical stripes. It's normal for mackerel tabbies to have spots on their bellies, and often some of the other stripes on the body will be broken up into spots; if the cat has lots of spots and some stripes, you can call the pattern "broken mackerel."

I think her coloring is silver, but others with more experience will weigh in, I'm sure.
It's easy to confuse blue tabby with silver tabby. Here's how to tell the difference:
  • Blue tabbies have gray stripes on a beige background.
  • Silver tabbies have black stripes on a white or nearly white background; additionally, the base of each hair (near the skin) is white.