What Silly Things Do You Do With Your Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wrenboii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mouse loves playing hide and seek too.  :clap::hyper: non cat people will look at me like I'm completely daft when I describe our games. It's brilliant to see a video of another household that loves this game @TobiDaDog. It's too funny when they jump in the air as the find their human then race off checking out someone's racing after them. I'm a bit big for hiding behind furniture so it's usually doors and corners of walls. :biggrin:

Of course huffing is also one of my favourite pursuits and Mouse will often roll over on to his back, limbs stretched out so I can burrow my nose in to his belly fur - not something to try with regular cats of course but Mouse loves it. I can't say his scent is as sweet as others have said - it's what I imagine a clean but sweaty mouse might smell like. :ohwell: :lol:
I love to play hide and seek, too. It just started one day. I think my cat's been training me...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
W wrenboii I know Mouse trained me. He was most insistent in his demands for me to follow him, running in to the room then running off and calling for me to follow. Sticking his head back in the room and repeating the exersize until he knew I was looking for him, and then hide somewhere. Soon as I found him he'd either race off and call for me again or sit looking at me all expectant until I went away but if I didn't call on him and make out I was running away to hide and be hunted he would keep pestering and trying to chase me about. He was so blatant in what he wanted I picked it up pretty fast.
First time a neighbour brought her 2 1/2 year old toddler round he had her playing hide and seek within half an hour! :lol:. They disappeared and when her mum and I went off to see why they were so quiet we found them either side of my bed ducking and diving over bed under bed taking turns hiding from each other like they'd been play buddies for weeks. :loveeyes:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes still hide in my kitchen after I dropped food down in the living room for Krista until she comes looking for me. This started when I was getting her through pancreatitis. It took so many bribes and enticements to get her to eat through the pain and nausea despite the meds that I would hide until she said she was done before I brought out the big guns. She’s well past that in how she can put away food now but old worries die hard.

Podoko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poki is at the door when I come home, and although she doesn't like being picked up for more then ten seconds, she makes this cute kind of 'I hate you but I missed you' face and likes being tossed up in the air once and caught, then I pretend to try and give her kisses and she puts her paws on my face like 'lol no.' I do it every day, sometimes we do the hokey pokey dance for a bit, but after either I gotta put her down and play with her, because she gets grumpy and needs some aggression redirection. Anyways, play time is in her schedule as just after I wake up and when I get home and right before bed.

That look though... kind of like a .... sardonic smile? I don't know how to describe it, lol. She hates it and likes it at the same time. I love that look on a cat's face though, so cute.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ill boop Honeybunnys nose, except its not a quick boop-ill keep my finger gently on her nose-and she'll keep looking up at me! Any normal cat would turn their head after a couple seconds like "ok human, thats enough". But she just lets me sit there booping her nose for 10-15 seconds ‍♀ i have a vid of it in some thread here.

I also kiss her little head multiple times-shes the first kitty ive had that doesnt mind forhead kisses, so ill kiss her for head a couple times and she'll just sit there looking back at me, then ill kiss her again multiple times, a kiss after each word, saying "ill kiss the kitty IF"-kiss-"I"-kiss-"want!" -kisskisskiss, and she'll still just sit there and look at me like "yeahhhh... as long as you keep the kittyfood coming i'll tolerate this mess"

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like to rub noses with Julie and scratch her head with my stubble, I make kissy sounds to Sugar to get her to headbump my chest, I give Spice scritchies with my bare foot while she rolls around on the kitchen floor and I make Sheba talk back to me while I am on the phone.
just remembered one we haven't played in a while. Spice lays on my chest, facing me from 3 to 4 inches away. I stick my tongue out, wave it back and forth and try to not let her put her paw or wet nose on the end of it. Called "Cat got your tongue?"

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With leo i used to play blink game at night before we go to bed. He would lay next to me and we would be facing eachother face to face. I would blink gently , and then he would blink gently, and so on until he falls closes his eyes and he falls alseep, so i close my eyes for a minute and open them to see if he still has his eyes closed, most of the time his eyes reoppened and he was staring at me. LOL . It was a a stare as if leo was saying to me, i aint going to sleep now, i go to sleep on my time woman, and he would get up and start bathing himself for 30 minutes.

When he layed on my lap he would turn around on his back for a belly rub, so i would rub his belly giving him a good belly rub for a few minutes, this can go on forever sometimes its 15 min to 20 min cause he falls asleep till his head flops over my knees and to get him off i cover his ears with my hand and i tell him "Leo, time to get up. Ready , 1 ,2 ,3" and he quickly rolls over and i help him off my lap lol.

Other times when we would go to sleep at night, he for some reason liked to rest his head in my palm. So i would put my hand out and he would come up and lay down, and put his head into my hand and then doze off, and i would end up sleeping in an akward position all night, if i moved my hand he would be like "hey what are you doing, put it back ! . So i put my hand back and he rests his head again. but i didnt mind :)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~ I don't think it's silly when we talk to our cats - but some people do. I do it all the time. We always did when I was a kid. Pets were always part of the family. ( I just met someone today in the store who "talks" to her dogs. I immediately liked her :) )
I hope it is not silly to talk to our cats. If we can't talk to them, how can they tell if we are intelligent or not. And is it not good manners to let the family members know where you are going and when you will be back. The fact that they don't listen is moot.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I huff my cat. I love to smell my cat. I'm so lucky he doesn't get upset with me.

I've done it from the moment that he came home to us, because I always heard people talking about new baby smell but I've never smelled a baby.
I huff Gypsy tummy, she always smells so good but I can't put my finger on what she smells like.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
With leo i used to play blink game at night before we go to bed. He would lay next to me and we would be facing eachother face to face. I would blink gently , and then he would blink gently, and so on until he falls closes his eyes and he falls alseep, so i close my eyes for a minute and open them to see if he still has his eyes closed, most of the time his eyes reoppened and he was staring at me. LOL . It was a a stare as if leo was saying to me, i aint going to sleep now, i go to sleep on my time woman, and he would get up and start bathing himself for 30 minutes.

When he layed on my lap he would turn around on his back for a belly rub, so i would rub his belly giving him a good belly rub for a few minutes, this can go on forever sometimes its 15 min to 20 min cause he falls asleep till his head flops over my knees and to get him off i cover his ears with my hand and i tell him "Leo, time to get up. Ready , 1 ,2 ,3" and he quickly rolls over and i help him off my lap lol.

Other times when we would go to sleep at night, he for some reason liked to rest his head in my palm. So i would put my hand out and he would come up and lay down, and put his head into my hand and then doze off, and i would end up sleeping in an akward position all night, if i moved my hand he would be like "hey what are you doing, put it back ! . So i put my hand back and he rests his head again. but i didnt mind :)
You two had a very special bond, thanks for sharing your lovely story. Gypsy likes to have her head held while she dozes.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ill boop Honeybunnys nose, except its not a quick boop-ill keep my finger gently on her nose-and she'll keep looking up at me! Any normal cat would turn their head after a couple seconds like "ok human, thats enough". But she just lets me sit there booping her nose for 10-15 seconds ‍♀ i have a vid of it in some thread here.

I also kiss her little head multiple times-shes the first kitty ive had that doesnt mind forhead kisses, so ill kiss her for head a couple times and she'll just sit there looking back at me, then ill kiss her again multiple times, a kiss after each word, saying "ill kiss the kitty IF"-kiss-"I"-kiss-"want!" -kisskisskiss, and she'll still just sit there and look at me like "yeahhhh... as long as you keep the kittyfood coming i'll tolerate this mess"
Oh yes! We kiss Gypsys face all the time, then she will lick our noses.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
My Krista has been through a lot. These may sound silly now but they used to represent big victories for her. I do a little dance for her every time we open a new 5.5 oz can (“I’m just burning doing the new can dance!”) She’s eating over 8 oz a day now so she has me dancing a lot now. I also sing her poop songs which are either Eric Church’s Desperate Man with the doot doot doot part replaced with poop (“desperate cat!”). Or sometimes I clean her box expecting a poop and it’s not there. So I sing the “no poop” song which is sung to the melody of the Bewitched theme song. “No poop. No poop oh no poop...”
:spew::crackup: :clap: :cheerleader:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I put on Warm It Up, Kris while I warm up Krista’s portions from fridge to prey temperature in a hot water bath.