What race is my cat?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  

Cats don't have "races".  They have "breeds".  Also, most cats are mixed breeds due to random couplings.  In fact, it's possible for a litter of kittens to have more than one father.  It's very difficult to totally pinpoint the background of a cat which has been adopted/rescued unless they so heavily resemble a specific breed that it's pretty sure they have at least some of those genes.  Siamese comes right to mind due to their angular facial structure and other tell tale signs such as being "pointed" coloring.  But it's pretty unusual to find a purebred cat of any type up for adoption since most breeders are very careful about keeping their cats safe and sound.  It does happen at times; people have many reasons to give up their pets and being purebred is no assurance of having a forever home, sadly.

Anyway, Your girl appears to be a domestic shorthair; orange and white bi-color tabby.  However, I see some spots on her too, so I'm not really sure how to fully classify her coat pattern.  Maybe someone else will be able to get more specific.  She does not resemble any particular breed in her appearance but she's lovely, and kind of unique with the various markings she has.  

Would love to know her name!

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with the laurie you can never be 100% with a rescue/adopted cat unless that person knows 100%. But with that said the cat in your first post in the second picture looks to have a british shorthair type of face but still that does not mean it is or is not. either way a very cute cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fall2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. Thank you for your answer. She is a pretty little thing that's true. I love the perfect round spots that she has and the beautiful face. Thank you