What pattern/colour is she?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a brown tabby-and-white domestic shorthair, but she can't decide what kind of tabby she is. Part of her looks like mackerel tabby stripes and the rest of the tabby looks like spotted tabby. One couldn't say her spotted parts are broken mackerel tabby, which occurs often. Her tabby parts look to be totally different in different places. A most unusual and attractive kitty!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if she is a a bicolor tabby, if she has enough of the tabby, so maybe tabby and white. I would say mackerel tabby, I can’t tell if the spots are spots or “splotches” you sometimes see with mackerel patterns. The top part looks like black stripes with a brown background and the possible spotted area has brown or black stripes with a grey background. Here is a chart with pics many different colors and patterns. I love the way she has those different areas of pattern. She looks like a work of modern art 💕

Last edited:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pix from the top help greatly. She looks more mackerel-ish from that view. I guess brown mackerel tabby-and-white is a better description. I think she still has a few spots, but those seem to be from mackerel stripes.

This coat description thing still leaves a bit to personal interpretation, even though the cat fanciers have tried to quantify it as much as possible.