What one thing you own do you love?

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about this some time ago and decided that once the the cats were safe the only thing I couldn't replace were photos, so I put them on CDs and gave copies of them to each of my grown up children. so we all have copies now.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Having lost my house and most of my possessions the begining of my senior year of highschool, I have to speak up on this one. I have to admit, I had always thought these things before what I would grab and what I couldn't live without...when it comes down to it, none of it matters. Your most important memories are in your heart, and your family getting out safe will be all that you think of. I lost a lot of precious momentos, and I also managed to salvage a precious few after the fact. While I did mourn the things that I lost, mostly I was just grateful. Grateful that my family was all alive, and grateful that I had found the things that I did. That was four years ago, and to this day I'll randomly think of something that I had as a child that was lost in that fire. I'll miss it for a moment, but then one thing always runs through my mind. I've gotten along just fine without it since then, would that have been the same if it would have been a family member lost? I'm not criticizing you guys at all. I did the same thing, I've just learned the hard way that material things, no matter how much sentimental value they may have, are still just things.

If I ever had to go through that again, I wouldn't even bother with things. I would just worry about my family and my animals making it out safely. Theres not one thing in my home that I would rathar save, or that I couldn't live without.
One of the best posts that I have seen, I used to think that material things were important, but I kinda feel like you do. Once my animals were out, I wouldn't care about nothing else.

I would go into a burning building after a child or an animal though. That would be important to me.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right Bea, that is an excellent post by maddensmom!!

For me...my mom (she's 77 this year) and the cats - I now have 17! Nothing else really really matters.

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After grabbing my cats I would have to say I would try to get my photo albums... so many memories in them.

cercia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats would already be outside knowing them...so if there was anything else, I would really need to rescue the daily diaries that I have kept since I was 9.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I thought about this some time ago and decided that once the the cats were safe the only thing I couldn't replace were photos, so I put them on CDs and gave copies of them to each of my grown up children. so we all have copies now.
What a great idea Anakat! That sounds like something I will be doing pretty soon! Thanks!

Hilda >^..^<

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

One of the best posts that I have seen, I used to think that material things were important, but I kinda feel like you do. Once my animals were out, I wouldn't care about nothing else.

I would go into a burning building after a child or an animal though. That would be important to me.
Thanks! I was afraid that I would offend someone by posting that, and honestly that wasn't my point. I was just trying to put it into perspective. You wouldn't believe how little time you have to get out. All that I could think of was my baby sister and little brothers, and the animals. Sadly, we forgot the hermit crabs. RIP little guys..

Originally Posted by Anakat

That is an awesome idea!! Or...we have a safe at the bank....I never thought of putting my backup discs in there! Thanks for the idea!!