TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed there is no Maus in the cat breed section 🤷‍♂️

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a pretty rare breed and that is probably why. A lot of cats may have some physical similarities to the purebred but that is just coincidenta.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I noticed there is no Maus in the cat breed section 🤷‍♂️
Are you a breeder of the Mau cats? This must be pretty rare in USA, but surely more common in Arabian countries...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you a breeder of the Mau cats? This must be pretty rare in USA, but surely more common in Arabian countries...
Hi StefanZ, No not a breeder of the Mau cat just a huge fan,I just wondered why they were not a featured breed. 😻

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi StefanZ, No not a breeder of the Mau cat just a huge fan,I just wondered why they were not a featured breed. 😻
Wait, do we have featured breeds? Not here on this Forum, but perhaps you found in the article section?

Anyways, Maus are rare in Europe and USA, so its not the most necessary breed to know...
There ARE some Maus, its rescuers in the arabian countries whom rescue homeless Maus and help to adopt them to Europe / USA, but these are neutered / spayed...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wait, do we have featured breeds? Not here on this Forum, but perhaps you found in the article section?

Anyways, Maus are rare in Europe and USA, so its not the most necessary breed to know...
There ARE some Maus, its rescuers in the arabian countries whom rescue homeless Maus and help to adopt them to Europe / USA, but these are neutered / spayed...
Hi again, there are featured breeds in the article section but the Egyptian Mau is not in it. I just wondered why 🙂

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi again, there are featured breeds in the article section but the Egyptian Mau is not in it. I just wondered why 🙂
I dont think there is any especial reason. If you wish, you can surely write an article, and send it to someone in charge of the article section (ask a mod if you wish). If the article is good, it will probably be accepted.

Yeah, there are Egyptian Mau, which is even somewhat known, and Arabian Mau, which arent that known.

Ps. I shall mention this in our Forum Team section.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's not surprising, there are 45-73 different cat breeds, depending on what organization you look at ( for example TICA recognizes 73 and CFA recognizes 45), and I count only 19 listed in the article section, so there are a lot of breeds missing not just the Egyptian mau. So like mentioned it's probably just that no one has gotten around to writing up an article for every breed yet.