What My Kitties Look Like, What Basepaws Current Results Say

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just received Basepaws reports and am looking them over to see if what I know personally does match the reports. If you have used Basepaws, then you know they have recently released their newest updates. The reports go into more detail than what I am posting here, but I would like those who are curious and considering this to have an small idea of what you receive in the reports. Please keep in mind that like an astrological chart, the initial highest ranking DNA similarity has much going on beyond that! Basepaws is continuing to develop their reports and I am thinking this will help many kitty persons with their beloved companions in the long run. The report goes into far more detail than what I am saying here. Your report may change and evolve just as the data base is evolving. It takes time and considerate breeder contribution to evolve Basepaws, as well as people who let their kitties contribute to the understanding of anomaly and disease. No, no one is compensating me, I just believe this is something exciting that deserves a chance!

As for my reports thus far...

Nola: my description of her is she is completely black, including her paw pads and some of her nails. Her fur is what I think of as short, but may be described as medium length. It tends to fluff away from her body due to the density. Extremely thick and plush with an undercoat. When she sheds her outer appearance looks smooth, but I can feel furry lumps and know I have a pretty good job of getting clumps of shed fur out. Her legs and feet are medium, as is her tail. Her body is balanced and evenly distributed. She has green with gold eyes. She weighs about 12+ pounds and admittedly is a little fluffy like her person! She has a soft meow, likes to talk and chatters at other kitties in greeting. She is playful, loves toys, does not used kitty climbers, and is very tolerant of other kitties behaviors in general. Nola is shy of strangers, but very affectionate with people she chooses to love. She likes to be close at night and will move appropriately to always be along the front of me when I am sleeping. She also likes being close to me without being so pushy that she becomes a little pest. I think she just wants me to know she is always there for me. Nola looks at me like I am the love of her life and I know you know that amazing look!
In the Basepaws report Nola's top four most-likeliest are: Ragdoll -Western (38.0%), Oriental Shorthair -Eastern (11.7%), Himalayan -Persian (10.3%), and finally Savannah -Exotic (6.2%).

Kikii: my description of her is she is calico (not dilute), with even calico colors on her toe pads and inside of her mouth. Her fur is short and smooth against her body. Very easy to groom and does not tangle. She is a leaner body type (weighing about 7 pounds), with muscular definition, although feminine in appearance. She has fine boned legs and dainty feet. Her hind legs are somewhat longer than the front. Her tail is long and skinny. Her face is elvenish in appearance with her ears being a little large for her face and her eyes slightly slanted. She does not appear to go cross-eyed. Her eyes are simply a butterscotch color. She is a prolific jumper and loves cat climbers and getting up higher rather than lower. She is extremely active and seems to always have an urgent "something" to do. Very affectionate and while not loud, does talk a lot with her raspy insistent voice (that part reminds me of all the Siamese cats I have known). She is very confidant and despite her small size she is brave and forward. Kikii loves toys, preferably interactive playing. She greets me at the door every time I come in. She gets up on furniture, but apparently was taught the kitchen counters and kitchen tables are not okay, because she does not get on those (although she does perch on the top of the back of one dining chair while I am in the kitchen, to keep an eye on me). She can gracefully maneuver through knic-knacs and crystals without disturbing them. Kikii is still in the adoptive stages, but she is much more herself with me and shows me she likes very much me as her person. She likes to give me little lick-kisses and I wake up finding her kissing my hair or my face and then she scampers off to do her important busy kitty affairs.
In the Basepaws report Kikii's top four most-likeliest are: Norwegian Forest Cat -Western (37.6%), Burmese -Eastern (15.2%), Exotic Shorthair -Persian (12.1%), and Bengal -Exotic (6.2%).

I am very happy that of the Health Marker Report's my girls have negative in everything except Nola has one inconclusive; Gene-HEXB Tested Mutation-C>T Result-Inconclusive *GM2 Type II. I am hoping they are with me for a long fulfilling life. Remember there is far more than what I am saying here.

I am of the mind that even if someone has a documented pure-bred kitty the Basepaws report would still be varied, although I have not read anything to the contrary. Simply by reading the histories of cat breeds this seems logical to say, for my own opinion. Serious breeders have a desire to bring out the best of the breeds and I am grateful for their intuition and knowledge of genetics, as well as delight in advancing the amazing creature that cats are. That being said, I enjoy reading about personality traits of cat breeds and acknowledging to myself that it makes sense why my kitties do what they do! And have the body, face and fur they do! It is a fun thing for me. While I have a strong appreciation for specific cat breeds, I have mostly had the little "moggies" and hey, maybe I can experience a little bit of the life of each beautiful breed and appreciate even more the amazing kittieness and catitude in life!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Your cats are adorable! I got the Basepaws kit for Charlie through the promotion here on TCS a while back. The first report had him most similar to Abyssinian, the second said that he’s closest to an American Shorthair, and now it’s saying that he’s closest to a Siberian. :dunno: So, I’m not sure how completely accurate it is at this point, but I still had fun with it, and I love my Charlie regardless. :loveeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cats are adorable! I got the Basepaws kit for Charlie through the promotion here on TCS a while back. The first report had him most similar to Abyssinian, the second said that he’s closest to an American Shorthair, and now it’s saying that he’s closest to a Siberian. :dunno: So, I’m not sure how completely accurate it is at this point, but I still had fun with it, and I love my Charlie regardless. :loveeyes:
Thank you for the kitty compliments! I wanted to talk about the personalities a little and body /fur/face types because if someone is familiar with the breeds in the current profiles they might understand what to associate with. Since you have done a Basepaws profile you know there are groups and they list what they have as types in the groups for now, and each kitty has a pretty long profile of percentages. Kikii does have Burmese in her profile and from what I have read, she definitely shows the personality (I really thought some amount of monkey would show up, but maybe they don't have a profile for that yet. ;> ). Nola is very sweet and the Ragdoll personality suits her. That I see they are still adding more and I am curious about Bombay kitties. I know how you feel about loving them regardless! I am "pure" Finn, but who knows what would show up if I had DNA done!