What Might My Hattie Be?

Catstina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

So quick question about my youngest cat, Hattie. (10 months old) I adopted her last Summer, as she was found alone on the highway with a nasty case of road-rash. She’s my fifth cat, and definitely stands apart from the others not only in her appearance, but personality, eating habits, (she’ll eat anything...that’s not an exaggeration) hunting prowess, escape abilities etc. Anyway, before anyone says “it’s impossible to tell breed without papers”, I should mention that that’s not my goal, and I realize that. I just want some input for fun, and also to maybe understand Hattie’s needs and temperament a bit better. The vet has already noted that he thinks she may be part Maine Coon, but if anything I was leaning toward NFC, due to her almond eyes, straight nose and triangle face. Also, her paws are already massive, even larger than my 19 lb orange tabby, Zeus. Thanks in advance for any info!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwww, her face looks a lot like my Maine Coon baby - thank you for the memory :heartshape: and I'm !SO! glad she has you :redheartpump:
I would agree in your thinking of NFC - you've got a Whole Lotta Cat there LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catstina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww, thank you! She’s somethin’ that’s for sure and we just LOVE her!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s adorable! I think she resembles a Maine Coon in her face. Her paws do look big! I’m curious how big she will grow!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would agree with you that she is more of an NFC lookalike than a MC lookalike, because of her triangular face, straight profile, and ears angled outwards. Of course, she's statistically unlikely to have either breed in her ancestry (especially NFC, as they are extremely rare in the US).

Veterinarians don't have any special training in cat breed identification, and most vets don't have much personal experience with pedigreed cats (because pedigreed cats are rare).

Catstina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would agree with you that she is more of an NFC lookalike than a MC lookalike, because of her triangular face, straight profile, and ears angled outwards. Of course, she's statistically unlikely to have either breed in her ancestry (especially NFC, as they are extremely rare in the US).

Veterinarians don't have any special training in cat breed identification, and most vets don't have much personal experience with pedigreed cats (because pedigreed cats are rare).

So you’re saying she’s definitely a NFC? Or did I misunderstand? Jk. You’re a very serious contributor, and I respect that;however, I’d rather eat my own hand than ever pay for a pedigreed cat or take part in such practices. “Don’t breed and buy while others die” is pretty much my rallying cry. Thanks for your input though.

Catstina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s adorable! I think she resembles a Maine Coon in her face. Her paws do look big! I’m curious how big she will grow!

Thank you, she’s my little princes!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would go for a siberian old type look alike. Google on the natural siberian. Masha Obninsk

But living in Usa she prob has some maine coon ancestry.