What Markings / Colour Is My Kitty?

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm confused by the types of tabby..! Can someone tell me what colour/markings you would say Tiger is? He's getting lighter too over the last couple of weeks, more creamy colour. Also my vet strongly thinks maine coon because of various things. I found him in a box in a lane way so not very sure!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure of the markings but I do see where the vet would get maine coon from.
He is absolutely GORGEOUSLY HANDSOME :cloud9::heartshape::redheartpump:

And thank you for saving him. I have no idea how someone could, or why they even would abandon any animal let along a handsome fellow like that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! There was a note with him saying his age and that they were very allergic. I don't think many of the rescues here take surrenders or else laziness but I'm just happy I was walking past at the right time. He's only 12 weeks in these pics... he's a big boy alright!

Khali14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is so adorable! He does look like a Maine Coon, with the face and ears...

I will never understand how people can abandon animals, just like that. I am not a judgemental person but I do judge those. Congrats on rescuing your cutie!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is so adorable! He does look like a Maine Coon, with the face and ears...

I will never understand how people can abandon animals, just like that. I am not a judgemental person but I do judge those. Congrats on rescuing your cutie!
I agree with you...I feel there are better ways to go about not being able to keep an animal than to put a tiny young animal out on the street like that on it's own :frown:
But he's so gorgeous I'm glad he found his fuuurrrever home

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! There was a note with him saying his age and that they were very allergic. I don't think many of the rescues here take surrenders or else laziness but I'm just happy I was walking past at the right time. He's only 12 weeks in these pics... he's a big boy alright!
I have read that they can get up to over 20 pounds haha there are quite a few member here with some gorgeous big kitties of their own

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Four pounds at 12 weeks is s-l-o-w growth by any breed standard except the tiny Singapura.

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
4 lbs is slow growth? 1lb a month is average or normal so I've read, so he's technically a month ahead :-)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Markings arent easy to see on longhairs. Looks at the sides and back.
He is prob mackerel tabby, possibly ticked tabby if there is no visible markings on the upper body.

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Markings arent easy to see on longhairs. Looks at the sides and back.
He is prob mackerel tabby, possibly ticked tabby if there is no visible markings on the upper body.
Thanks, there are no visible markings on the top of his body - he's all ginger there!

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You better look out FaBEAR FaBEAR and probably stop posting photos of Tiger. He's just too cute and you wouldn't want to tempt anyone say, from the north west of England; just a random example obviously; to come over and nab him would you?
That's pretty close alright. No more photos! :-D