What litters don't track?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been using worlds best cat litter and i noticed dusty paw prints on the couch cushion last night. Is there another natural litter out there that doesn't track as bad as this one? Thanks!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

I've been using worlds best cat litter and i noticed dusty paw prints on the couch cushion last night. Is there another natural litter out there that doesn't track as bad as this one? Thanks!
Good luck finding one!
IMO your best bet is getting a nice and big litter mat...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm..I'm using WBCL, too, and don't have a tracking problem, but both boxes do have litter mats, so that may be the difference.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Hmm..I'm using WBCL, too, and don't have a tracking problem, but both boxes do have litter mats, so that may be the difference.
Ditto here. My cats manage to fling the litter around a bit even with the mats, but I've never seen dusty pawprints.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed WBCL tracking a lot too. I don't use it now though.

I have sat and watched my boys and they will literally jump out of the box just so they can clear the mat and track litter around

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a large bathmat under my litter box so it's not too rough on their little paws. They still track it some, but not nearly as bad. I've also seen little pawprints after a trip to the box. I just deal with it.

siamesepeaches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only litters I can think of that don't track much are those odd ones, one is made from recycled newspapers and the other is Feline Pine. These litters may not track like the other more traditional litters but, they aren't as good at absorbing odors.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I have sat and watched my boys and they will literally jump out of the box just so they can clear the mat and track litter around
I KNOW! They're such little buggars sometimes aren't they? It doesn't matter how soft of a mat I provide, they always attempt to clear it on their way out.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use WBCL and also have the "dusty paw print" problem. It's *a lot* worst with the original formula (vs the multi cat formula).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have used the multicat formula before but the petsmart near me doesn't always have it, like the last time I went. If I see it again I might have to try it. I also noticed they have changed their packaging. It's in a black bag now instead of the yellow bag.

I think I will try a litter mat and see if that helps.