What kind of "Welcome home" do you get?

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was at my apartment I would always find Limerick at the door puring and rubing. Now that I'm home he doesn't do that very much any more. He will go and see who's home, but that's about it.

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Well I get a rather nice homecoming pretty much everyday. Both Maddie and Franz greet me right at the door. This is a big deal for them...because just outside the door, is a hallway...or as THEY see it...(insert eerie music) THE FLAMING PIT OF HELL...at least to them,they are very frightened of the outside. After a few scritches Franz RUNS to his scratching post and dances on it for about 30 seconds. I recently consulted an old Armenian (are there any young Armenians?) cat translator and for a few dusty rubles she translated the scratches for me, They are "Hip Hip Hooray Mom's home!" "Yippee, I'm gonna get fed" "Woo hoo Maddie will bug someone else now" and finally "Ye gads, I'm gonna get my tummy rubbed" Maddie on the other hand just looks at him as if he's lost a few valuable IQ points!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On a usual day when I come home, Ivo is sitting just inside the door. I say hi to her as I'm unlocking the door and she talks back. When I open the door she pushes her way out into the hallway and sits just outside, making sure there are no bad guys following me in. After some coaxing and sweet words on my part she comes back in the apartment. Then, she helps me put away my things, then heads straight to the kitchen for a treat.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They both come out of thier kennel and purr at my feet. But Noodles will stretch up as far as she can leaning on my legs and tickle me by tapping me softly with her paws. It's the swetest thing! It's like she's saying 'Pick me up Meowmie!' So I usually do!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver usually comes out into the front hall and yaps at me for a bit, and Emma generally cant be bothered to get up from her napping spot!