What kind of tabby is this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Le_loup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry don’t know why it posted duplicate images. I’m new!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I too think she is a torbie "patched tabby" , ie combo of tabby and tortie... Question is what sort of tabby... On one side it seems to be clearly spots, on the other not that clearly. Probably its a quite a mix in the fray, with both spotted tabby and a mackerel tabby... And I think mackerel gene dominates over spotted gene; but still, sometimes it shines through.
Its not impossible she has even a rosetted bengal as a far away ancestor, giving her the spotted tabby gene... A couple of spots on the right side looks almost rosetteish.

Observe, these sweet spots on the belly doenst prove anything, they are common for many tabbies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I JUST got her today, so I’m still thinking of a name that suits her! She’s 4 1/2 months old.
Re naming. I would suggest something ukrainian. Perhaps someone of their combat medic. Either one martyr or one still alive....

Say, Olga after Olga Semidyanova...

Or Olga "Ptashka" - combat medic and singer from Azovstal.

Or even Sonja; the dog and defender of Azovstal - survived the siege, but further fate unknown.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re naming. I would suggest something ukrainian. Perhaps someone of their combat medic. Either one martyr or one still alive....

Say, Olga after Olga Semidyanova...

Or Olga [Kateryna] "Ptashka" - combat medic and singer from Azovstal.

Or even Sonja; the dog and defender of Azovstal - survived the siege, but further fate unknown.
Oops; the singer and combat medic from Azovstal is Kateryna... writing Olga was a mistake. Ps. Im not sure if Ptashka is her real surname, or if its a nick, because she is a good singer... Anyway, she is known as Ptashka, Kateryna. (the ukrainian spelling of Katerina)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a dsh spotted torbie I think. I also agree she has some Bengal ancestry likely because it looks like she’s getting sort of rosettes and her face reminds of those features that I have seen in Bengals. In the first kitten picture if she has a very light background which shows up more contrast for her pattern so I was thinking maybe silver I don’t know, probably not. Very beautiful baby 😻