What kind of tabby are my kittens?

togo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hadn't thought to further define the kind of tabby cat that we had, but after looking through the threads I'm super curious to understand how we would describe our kitties! They both have a stripe pattern down their backs with spotted bellies.  Also, is it normal for brothers to look so similar?  They are almost identical apart from the different coloured noses!

lovemyzeus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are adorable! They do look so much alike, I have never seen that before.

What are their names?

How old are they?

mamacat23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What beautiful boys!   Based on your pictures they appear to be brown mackerel tabbies--they have dark, dark brown hair with a caramel color undercoat (from what I can see).  Their coloration reminds me of our Snickers...who we lost almost 5 years ago (was 16 years old, had FCRF).  They are adorable!  I know you'll enjoy watching them grow up together.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, mackerel tabby with white.   Perhaps tabby tuxedo, if you want.  Tuxedo is usually about black and white, but everyone will understand, its the proportion between the colored part and just a little white.

Mackerel and even classic tabbies, do often carry spotted tummy, so it doesnt count.  Its the side of the body which count mostly.

I suppose they COULD be twins...  It must happen with cats too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

togo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all for your insights :) Their names are Toby (black nose) and Hugo (pink nose).  We're not exactly sure when they were born as they were a feral litter found in a barn. With the birthdate we guessed for them they should be 4 months now, but they grew so fast and they're so big now I'm thinking they might be older! I've never heard of cat twins before but these two definitely seem like they have a twin mentality :)