What kind of Litter & Litter box system do you use for your cat ?

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats never liked the traditional covered litter box and it was very difficult to keep the dog out of it  , if you know what I mean ..

So we built this  enclosed litter box  " house " .. The cats loved it right away ..

As you can see in the pic the doorways used to be in the front  but the big  dog still got in , hence the broken doorway ..

So  we cut a doorway in the end of the box and pushed it all the way  up against the cat tower .. 

Wa La , problem solved ..  Oh , and the top opens up for cleaning ..

We use Tidy Cats or Hartz  clumping litter  and since our cats have been on 100% wet diet I have to change the litter box twice a day ..

View media item 227577

Last edited:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, how cute and love the picture of the cat on the box. Pretty too.
Ritz didn't really like a covered box. And since she pees standing up at least 50% of the time, the urine would get into the places where the top and bottom of the litter box meet (if that makes sense).
I finally found this box and requested the extension since I knew Ritz peed higher than the regular size. (Yeah, I measured how high she pees...) Rarely do I find/smell urine outside the box. As luck would have it, she tends to pee in the corners of the box, so it is a bit harder to clean. But would recommend the product. The owner/manufacturer is very responsive to emails and qustions. (PS: "Gorilla" tape works better than Velcro.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how cute and love the picture of the cat on the box. Pretty too.
Ritz didn't really like a covered box. And since she pees standing up at least 50% of the time, the urine would get into the places where the top and bottom of the litter box meet (if that makes sense).
I finally found this box and requested the extension since I knew Ritz peed higher than the regular size. (Yeah, I measured how high she pees...) Rarely do I find/smell urine outside the box. As luck would have it, she tends to pee in the corners of the box, so it is a bit harder to clean. But would recommend the product. The owner/manufacturer is very responsive to emails and qustions. (PS: "Gorilla" tape works better than Velcro.)
Thank you ,  it works really well for us ..

i love your box too .. I never seen one like that before ..

braysnaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really like the "Litter House" that's a great idea.

We just took in a stray with an injured paw, so Dodge has a regular open litter pan.  I've been wondering what other options are available.  I know hubby could make one of these.....I wonder if Dodge would use it!

Thanks for sharing. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really like the "Litter House" that's a great idea.

We just took in a stray with an injured paw, so Dodge has a regular open litter pan.  I've been wondering what other options are available.  I know hubby could make one of these.....I wonder if Dodge would use it!

Thanks for sharing. 
@braysnaner   . thank you . yeah it was really easy to make ..   our cats love it ..  you can basically make one any size you want ..  we made ours really tall to give the cats a lot of open space .. 

i think your kitty would like it ..

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cute, and such a good idea with dogs in the home!

We just have two big plastic litter boxes with Fresh 4 Life clay litter. They both used to have a top and a door, but our first one broke a long time ago, loooong before I met my boyfriend, and the second one's door broke and we haven't bothered covering it again anyway. They're in a separate room and both cats are used to uncovered boxes.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's so cute, and such a good idea with dogs in the home!

We just have two big plastic litter boxes with Fresh 4 Life clay litter. They both used to have a top and a door, but our first one broke a long time ago, loooong before I met my boyfriend, and the second one's door broke and we haven't bothered covering it again anyway. They're in a separate room and both cats are used to uncovered boxes.
@pinkdagger   , thank you .. yep it works pretty good .. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We have high sided boxes, just regular ones from Petco but they work for a couple of old cats who have arthritis and have a hard time squatting all the way.  @2Cats4Me, yours is cool.

braysnaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today, hubby & I made a litter box from a plastic storage tote.  I can't wait to see how well it works!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Today, hubby & I made a litter box from a plastic storage tote.  I can't wait to see how well it works!

@braysnaner    . oh that is  awesome ..  i   have seen those before ..  i  think it is a great idea ..  i  did not try it though as my cats will not use covered littler boxes  i hope your kitty likes it ..