What Kind Of Kitty Do I Have? (seriously)

What brand of kitty am I?

• Chartreux?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Dog?

• British Shorthair?

• Total voters

tee-tee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, it's been a while but I have a question. A while ago I got another kitty (Ash) to keep my other one company while I'm at work. I'm a bit confused what he is exactly. I know he's not a purebred, that's not what this is about.

I checked his paperwork and it's just the typical vague "DSH". I'm not doubting that he's a DSH, but he's not a "regular" looking DSH (mut). He's more like a velvet nerf football. When he was a little kitty, he really resembled a Russian Blue, except for the blue/green eyes. Ash's are copper. He is far too big now to be a Russian Blue. He's like a British Shorthair, but his cheeks aren't as puffy, so I'm thinking more Chartreux.

I got some pictures if you guys wanna see him.

20160828_031508.jpg 20160925_055225.jpg 20160714_161802.jpg 20160706_175437.jpg

kalikitty97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, it's been a while but I have a question. A while ago I got another kitty (Ash) to keep my other one company while I'm at work. I'm a bit confused what he is exactly. I know he's not a purebred, that's not what this is about.

I checked his paperwork and it's just the typical vague "DSH". I'm not doubting that he's a DSH, but he's not a "regular" looking DSH (mut). He's more like a velvet nerf football. When he was a little kitty, he really resembled a Russian Blue, except for the blue/green eyes. Ash's are copper. He is far too big now to be a Russian Blue. He's like a British Shorthair, but his cheeks aren't as puffy, so I'm thinking more Chartreux.

I got some pictures if you guys wanna see him.

View attachment 176036 View attachment 176037 View attachment 176038 View attachment 176039
A chartreux would look a little heavier than he does. His face is more slender. Since you said he is too big to be Russian Blue my best guess is Korat?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to give a different suggestion. You are right that he doesn't look like a "typical" DSH, because he has a wedge-shaped head. I suspect that he has some Oriental in him (perhaps a parent or grandparent). Orientals are not blue-only cats like BSH, RB, Chartreux, and Korat, but they can come in blue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tee-tee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I still love him no matter what. He's poofy and soft and cuddly. We have many conversations with each other via blinking, winking and squinting.

That's incredible to me that a human and an animal can communicate with each other without talking.