What kind of kitten is this little fellow ?

Harbison5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone ! Meet our sweet little fellow. His name is Boogers. He is a rescue ( approx 5 months ). My co worker found him in her car engine. He is a beautiful kitten with very distinct markings. We have been to the vet several times and he is up to date on his shots. A friend came over yesterday and she remarked on how much he looks like a bobcat. The vet never mentioned anything about Boogers being a bobcat. Now I am really beginning to wonder. Can anyone give me suggestions on things to look for ? We have a vet appointment later in the week for him to be neutered. Boogs acts like a normal kitten.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your friend meant surely his stumpy tail. How is he in body and health? High rear end? The stump may be some damage when infant.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know you said his name in your first post, but how about this - Boogs bear in the movie Open Season?
1663013830730.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Harbison5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol !!! My 19 year old daughter named him Boogers because when he was rescued he was 3 weeks old and his eyes were full of " boogers". His middle name is Napoleon like Napoleon Dynamite. My family is goofy. Our tuxedo cat is named Wonton His sister is named Wasabi and the dog ( Boogs buddy ) is Foster Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 🐢 🤷‍♀️

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Too fun, I'm so glad he has you! Keep feeding him multiple canned meals throughout the day with some kibble for snacking 'til he's at least a year, he looks fantastic :)

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Boogers is absolutely beautiful. What a lovely kitten!
I can't suggest anything about bobcats, but his tabby pattern is called "classic tabby" and he's a longhair.
So for now I'd call him a domestic longhair classic tabby 🥰

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Harbison5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you ! We do ! He is rotten 🤪

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is apparently a mackerel tabby. But the stripes are formed almost as the classic bulls eye.
My guess is he has both these genes. Mackerel and bulls eye.
Mackerel dominates over the classic bulls eye tabby gene, so he is a mackerel tabby; but with traces of the classic tabby too...

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is apparently a mackerel tabby. But the stripes are formed almost as the classic bulls eye.
My guess is he has both these genes. Mackerel and bulls eye.
Mackerel dominates over the classic bulls eye tabby gene, so he is a mackerel tabby; but with traces of the classic tabby too...
Oh gosh, I see it now! I hadn't noticed that he was missing the marbling on his shoulders and flank/rear (I tought there was something unique about him) You're right I think, it looks like a mix of the two genes , both mackerel and classic.
How beautiful! 😻