• Homemade/raw

• Dry/homemade

• Wet/homemade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought it might be interesting to do a survey to see the kinds of diets members of this site feed their cats. Mine is currently on all wet (Rawz and Instinct) but I will be transitioning him to a wet/raw diet soon (incorporating Primal freeze dried).

Post details about your cats diets here too - including brands you feed!

Edit: let me know if I missed any options. :think:

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just switched to an all wet diet. She was on all dry for 9 years before I found this site, then I went to a 50/50 diet for a while and now dropped the dry when my last bag ran out.
Right now I am feeding some cases of food I had left from Chewy before we made the switch to all wet. These are Merrick Rabbit, ProPlan True Nature, FF classics and some 4health I bought from Tractor Supply.
When I run out of these though, we will be moving to some cheaper brands because I can't afford to feed all wet with these brands.
I'm looking at Friskies, FF and Dave's as my new rotation. I might keep some 4health if we are in the area of Tractor Supply anyway.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls are on Dr Elsey's cleanprotein dry chicken and Nature's Variety Instinct chicken canned.
The boys get rabbit and turkey homemade raw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bump!

BrattyBratBrat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been a cat owner/lover for 30 years. I learned about homemade/raw diets about 10 or so years ago and was intrigued, but my cat refused to cooperate! He passed away 2 years ago at age 17 and I decided if I ever had cats again, I would try homemade again. Well fast forward to now, we have two new kittens and already had some gastro issues while feeding dry Orijen and some grain free wet. My ultimate goal is to feed raw, fine ground, bone in whole prey animals such as chicken and rabbit from Hare Today, one of the only companies out there doing what they do, but in the meantime I am making homemade food using cooked chicken muscle meat, chicken organs, and a supplement made specifically for homemade cat food called Alnutrin. If my cats do well on the raw ground whole animals in the future, I just might invest in a good grinder to make it all myself from whole animals but we will see.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I adopted Gizmo at 10 weeks, I had him on dry/wet for about a couple weeks. After some digestion issues, I cut out the dry and had him on strictly wet to see if that helped. At around 9 months old, I got him some Primal freeze dried food and ever since then he's been on wet/freeze dried raw so I went with that as my vote. Eventually, I do plan to do some sort of combination between wet/freeze dried raw/homemade with EZ Complete, as making his food seems like an exciting prospect to me. But for now, it's mostly wet food with a meal of freeze dried a day.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I adopted Gizmo at 10 weeks, I had him on dry/wet for about a couple weeks. After some digestion issues, I cut out the dry and had him on strictly wet to see if that helped. At around 9 months old, I got him some Primal freeze dried food and ever since then he's been on wet/freeze dried raw so I went with that as my vote. Eventually, I do plan to do some sort of combination between wet/freeze dried raw/homemade with EZ Complete, as making his food seems like an exciting prospect to me. But for now, it's mostly wet food with a meal of freeze dried a day.
I'm having a very similar experience! I started with dry and wet too, but even the highest quality dry caused upset for my kitten. Since I've cut down to all wet he's doing way better and I'm hoping to get him on Primal freeze dried soon too. :)

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm having a very similar experience! I started with dry and wet too, but even the highest quality dry caused upset for my kitten. Since I've cut down to all wet he's doing way better and I'm hoping to get him on Primal freeze dried soon too. :)
Same here! I used a grain free high quality kitten food and nope. He's still having some issues but I no longer believe it's food related. He likes his current diet so I won't reintroduce dry but the Primal freeze dried is a really great food! I mix it with a goat's milk powder and warm water combination as this weirdo cat seems to get bored if I just rehydrate the freeze dried food with plain ol' water. :lol:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've transitioned our kitties over to all homemade, except for Snickers who's still not happy about it. We buy Nutro canned to mix 50/50 or 30/70 with the homemade for him and he does Ok with that. He's still not eating enough each day, but even when I tried only Nutro all day he didn't eat enough. I think the only way he'll really be happy is if I brought back kibble, and I won't do that.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting results so far.. I thought we would have a lot more raw/wet feeders!

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
3 wet meals and 1 dry. I do the dry because she needs to eat in the middle of the night and I use an automatic feeder. For wet she gets Ziwipeak, Instinct, Rawz, Wild Calling, Fromm's, Purely Fancy Feast and Fussie Cat at the moment. The dry is Instinct Boost. She is not a fussy eater and she and I like to try different foods. Her faves are Rawz, Wild Calling and Purely Fancy Feast.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A ailish my kitten goes CRAZY for rawz (cans). He loves it more than any other food. I know it has a lot of animal fat in it so that may be why. But it's his absolute favourite.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver, Chubchub and Betty have free access to Purina One dry food 24/7 and I supplement it with Sheba wet food for Oliver and Felix wet food for Betty, three or four times a day each (85gm pouches). Chubchub has no interest at the moment in any wet food.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine eat wet food. I do have a bag of dry food but it is not a big part of their diet. I use it as an occasional topper to wet food or as an occasional snack. The dry is Petcurean GO! Fit & Free GO! Natural Cat food | Petcurean

The wet food is a variety of brands, proteins and textures. My cats are VERY picky eaters and I have to keep a varied rotation to keep them from getting bored and rejecting a food- which they do any way, usually right after I buy a case of something. :rolleyes2:

The rotation includes:

Wellness cubed turkey and chicken
Friskies poultry pates
Fancy Feast - various kinds
Purina Pro Plan- various kinds
Nature's Recipe shredded chicken- they LOVE this. I get it through my Amazon subscribe and save. I get a case of 24 for $18. This is often used as a topper to pates.
Soulistic Good Karma- also a shredded chicken. They love this one too.
Merrick pates
Merrick's other varieties such as Grammy's Pot Pie, Chicken casserole, Chicken Divan and Thanksgiving Day Dinner

I often mix and match foods to give them different tastes/textures in the same meal. They have me very well trained.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All raw homemade here. I follow an 80/10/5/5 frankenprey model and hand cut everything in chunks, with a few supplements. The cats' mixes rotate between chicken, pork, and beef. In the winter, they get a few batches of turkey mix when it's on sale for the holidays.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I leave a little dry food out. It does not get eaten much. I feed wet usually morning and night. The dry is grain free and the wet a variety of what I hope are better brands.

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cat Toby had surgery 2 months ago for a Urethral blockage. They removed 4 stones. They prescribed Science Diet but its kind of expensive. Did some research homework and here I am. Used to feed them dry in morning and wet at night. Its now 1 week of all wet canned food. Wet food isn't keeping them satisfied as long I've noticed since when I get home, they are ALL OVER ME and MOEWING like crazy, lol. They're very hungry! I'd like to ask you all besides raw, which particular commercial canned foods are good for a cat who has Cystitis/Urethral blockage/Urinary tract infection/Crystals? Are certain canned foods better than others and what should I look out for? I'm currently feeding them 9 Lives but will be switching to Wellness but am not sure how long I can cover the costs of that particular brand. Any brands that are good and inexpensive would be of great help! Thanks!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm feeding Purina Cat Chow Complete dry food (blue bag) and Friskies Shreds canned food.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise