What kind of Computer are you using?

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Computers nowadays come in many sorts and sizes:
Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Desktops.
Then there are the different operating systems, multiplying the variety.

Mine is a straight Windows 10 Desktop with a full-size keyboard and 24 in. screen. It makes work easy and enjoyable, let alone watching videos and cat pics, and I wouldn’t even consider anything else.

But preferences vary. So, what is yours?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a seven year old Dell, running Win11. A 28-inch monitor, about ten years old, mouse, and track ball for graphics. Five year old HP printer.

There‘s a 17-Toshiba laptop, running Win11 in the Shed. It’s hooked into the printer in the house; I hooked it in when Rick was working on union business on the laptop.

I would like to get a new 32-inch monitor, but that’s for another day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use my phone a lot but also my HP laptop. I did get one with a 17” screen because the home design software I use benefits from the wide screen. I find the touch screen useless though. A few of my keys stick or don’t react right so I typically use a keyboard from our last desktop. And a wireless mouse. The phone is convenient; but if I’m going to type a lot I need my full keyboard.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an HP laptop that is my personal computer. My work computer is a Dell running Windows 11. I have 2 monitors with it. I use a Kindle Fire HD tablet in the bedroom when I'm watching TV.

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Desktop
  • LG UltraWide QHD 34-Inch monitor
  • Windows 11 Pro
  • Logitech MX Keys Advanced Wireless Illuminated Keyboard, Tactile Typing
  • Logitech Signature M650 L Full Size Wireless Mouse
  • AMD Ryzen 5
  • 32GB ram
  • Nvidia GTX 1650 OC (Asus TUF gaming)
  • 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
  • 512GB SATA SSD
  • LED lighting
  • Be quiet! Pure wings fans
  • Asus TUF gaming motherboard

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
An HP desktop with Windows 11, purchased last year. I really don’t use it for anything too complex, just Microsoft Office and internet so its capacity is far greater than what I will ever need. My monitor is old but I like it because it has built in speakers. Most of my internet stuff is done on my IPad.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is an HP windows 10 desktop,probably around 5 years old,just a plain keyboard and a 19" monitor.Nothing fancy but it works for me.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lenova Ideapad S340, running Windows 10. I upgraded it recently with an SSHD and more memory so it's running great right now. I don't want to have to buy a new one any time soon. I have it hooked up to a monitor (maybe it's 36") and a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I also have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e Gen 5 (11") that I got earlier this year when it was on sale. Running Windows 11.

Also a Samsung Tablet (forget which version) and 3 10" Kindles.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an HP laptop running Windows 11. I rarely browse the Internet on my phone or Kindle and rely very heavily on my laptop. Apparently that's not a common thing these days, but I love my laptop.