What kind of cats are these? MUST ReHOME! Landlord is a Cat hater & served me a 3 day notice becuz o

tstrads

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kern County/ Antelope Valley/Tehachapi Help! I have to rehome my babies. I have two 1 year Old F Orange Tabbies, 3 6 mo olds, and four 6 weekers. Yes it got out of control and I need to fix my Mama cat asap. The problem is nobody wants to take them in. I found a no kill shelter and hour away but do people reallllly adopt from there?? It makes me so sad to think of them confused in a cage!! Also, if I make them Therapy animals I can keep 2. Anyone know how I go about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If possible I'd actually consult a lawyer.  It's likely that you are going to have to get rid of the cats or move, depending on your lease, but it's highly unlikely that the landlord is entitled to only give you three days to do so.  See if your county has a landlord/tenants board of some kind you might be able to call for free legal advice.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Tulosai.  What you must get is to buy some time.  Either by getting some legal advice, or even - by talking yourself with the landlord, asking for more time, and mentioning you will otherwise take help of a layer.   What does he prefer, make up a time plan in peace and mutual friendship, or does he prefer to be suited?  Try to do it diplomatic, leaving quarrel and threats as your very last resort.

Now, what is making there are many cats is the kittens.  but kittens really dont count, they are together with their momma, and must be so minimum two weeks more, preferably 6 weeks more.  After that time, they will move, be out from that picture.   He were cruel if he demands them to be adopted out already now.

Ensure him they do have several litter, promise you are scrupulous with the hygiene, you are using a biological enzyme cleaner whenener its necessary, etc...

The cats are surely domestics, unless you have papers or proofs they do belong to some breed.

But they all have nice looks, some even quite especial looks!   If you really want for closer description, please send better pics, preferably two three good pics on each...

Among the oldies I see two points "siamese mixes", and a tabby whom I think is even a spotted tabby...

Among the kittens there is one point - this with faint tabby stripes "Lynx point" and one totally white - verry nice, as beautiful as the purebreds with the same looks.

You really shouldnt have real difficulties with finding THEM permanent homes.  Perhaps even not with the 6 months olds.

Many people do prefer to have home raised, well socialized kittens.

Try to let some childs play with them, and perhaps a friendly dog too...  It makes easier for them to get a new home.

Just be sure you take some  rehoming fee "a kitten for free to a good home" is dangerous, many weirdo live from reselling such cats for dog fights or experiments...  So demand minimum 20 dollars, which is what the weirdos gets for selling them to laboratories or cats as food in China, unless you know well the adopter, and know the adopter takes the kitten as a precious gift.

Be also sure the adopter agrees on spaying etc...  So soem form of contract may be wise.

If demanding money feels uncomfortable, you can agree them to donate money - anonymously but in the cats name! - to some charity you both agree upon.

Repaying in natura may be OK too.  Them perhaps fixing something for you.  Or driwing at least one hour just to collect the kitten.  No other errands.

OK, last but not least.  Animal therapy cats...  I think there are courses and certificates for it in USA...  So I suspect you will need this. But you can surely test beforehand if your cats are suitable.

There are several different types of animal Therapy cats.  What they have toghether is they must accept to be transported, and to meet other people, and be friendly to them.  Preferably with many people at once.

So you can try and contact some home for old people nearby, and ask them if it OK you visit them with two or three of your cats, and let them oldies and personnel, to cuddle a little with them.

Ig this goes OK, you are halfways there...

Another tip, is cats purring helps against rheumatism and helping bone fractures to heal.   So if you do have one of the cats whom accepts to lay peacefully down between a semi- strangers knees, and purr there or even sleep there - a totally new field opens up.

This customer will of course make himself friends with the cat before the healing session.  So THIS cat dont need to be used to crowds, it may even be a somewhat shy cat.  

If you do have such a cat, you can surely cooperate with some athletic assosciation nearby, or the local american football team, or the doctors who are specialized on sports damages and rehabilitation...

There may even be good money in this, with a little luck.

Cooperating with the hospitals rheumatic care ward is another option. 

The problem is possibly, this ability is possibility in part individual for each cat. For example, one of my residents does help me marvellously nice with my aching right knee.   Im not sure I have the same help from the other resident, but I do sleep deeply and wonderfully nice when the other one lies on me...

Some ideas,

I hope you will find them useful.

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps.  Tell the landlord the kittens must be with mom preferably 6 weeks more, but at least, 4 weeks.

So having something to choose, he will prob jump on the compromise of 4 weeks more...

Which still makes a heavy pressure on you, but its better than just 3 days, which is outrageous.

do you have some body friendly, whom may do this talk with the landlord? or at least, accompany you  at that talk?

Its much easier to throw your weight on somebody alone being in difficulties, than at the same person accompanied with an ally, whom ally isnt at all depending on thsi landlord...