What kind of cat is this???

thegreatbluecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Shelton, a supposed bengal cat that I am thinking of adopting. I am no expert and only know basic knowledge, but he shares many traits with bengals that I have seen in photos... please help me out every one! I am a brand new member and I plan to be active as much as possible.. thanks!! This is Shelton

Last edited by a moderator:

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is he in a foster home? If he doesn't have papers, he would technically be a brown spotted tabby, domestic shorthair. He is very cute!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thegreatbluecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No someone is trying to sell him on craigslist for $150. He doesent really look like a bengal to me but he is a very nice cat and I still want to give him a home. You know they wouldnt have such a cheap price tag on a cat without a pedigree.

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No someone is trying to sell him on craigslist for $150. He doesent really look like a bengal to me but he is a very nice cat and I still want to give him a home. You know they wouldnt have such a cheap price tag on a cat without a pedigree.
He looks like an Egyptian Mau or a Domestic Shorthair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is he is spotted tabby, although he could be a natural son to a bengal.

but what I wonder is, are you sure the pics are of the same cats?  The pic in the water fauces is surely a kitten.

Ie Im not sure the pic from aside, showing the adult spotted tabby is the same as the other two tummy pics.

Observe, showing a spotted tummy is no proof.  Quite a few of mackerel tabby and classical tabby sports of spotted tummies, and thus, these doesnt count.

So, having a real spotted tabby, but showing off tummy pics, looks almost a little suspicious to me...

Because, decididing if the cat is possibly a bengal or at least, a fresh mix thereof, you decide by the pattenr on his side and the head, including the profile,  not by looking at the tummy, which every tabby does have.

Yeah, they are sweet, but its no bengal proof - sooner antiproof...

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I have to agree with StefanZ...not sure if the middle pic is the same cat that is in the 2 others

thegreatbluecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They claim to have papers on him.

Last edited:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Request a copy of the papers and decide whether it seems real to you or not.

I don't think he is 100% bengal. He can be partly, but to me he doesn't seem like the bengals that I know. His spots seem too plain. Then again, I only know bengals from shows, and those are top of the top. Each litter has perfect and less perfect kittens. He could be one of the more normal ones, but you will need his papers to be sure.

I do believe however, that in all 3 pictures it is the same cat. In the first and last picture he is younger than on the 2nd picture.

thegreatbluecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Request a copy of the papers and decide whether it seems real to you or not.

I don't think he is 100% bengal. He can be partly, but to me he doesn't seem like the bengals that I know. His spots seem too plain. Then again, I only know bengals from shows, and those are top of the top. Each litter has perfect and less perfect kittens. He could be one of the more normal ones, but you will need his papers to be sure.

I do believe however, that in all 3 pictures it is the same cat. In the first and last picture he is younger than on the 2nd picture.
Yeah I think its the same cat different ages... but why would they be selling him so cheap papers and all? Any way they live a few hours away and on top of that when I requested more pictures they never replied. So idk whats going on lol.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah I think its the same cat different ages... but why would they be selling him so cheap papers and all? Any way they live a few hours away and on top of that when I requested more pictures they never replied. So idk whats going on lol.
Adult purebreds are cheaper, sometimes much cheaper, esp if of pet quality.   Its in facts one of the standing tips for people whom do want a purebred, but dont afford to pay the cash required.

Show exemplares, whom hadnt yet taken all the titles to take, and thus, may be used in Shows, and also, first rate breeding quality, do keep up the price niveu decently - may even increase if really stunning show exemplares.

But as a rule of the thumb, its really just kittens whom get the full payment for.. Its with cats as with cars. "  When they are new and unused.   Also demo exemplares are cheaper."