What Kind of Cat is This

emandjee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chaplain & Trinity are absolutely gorgeous!

I think Trinity is a DSH calico! Lovely! I love calicos!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Chaplain & Trinity are absolutely gorgeous!

I think Trinity is a DSH calico! Lovely! I love calicos!

Yeah,  tortoiseshell "tortie" and white are often called for calico.   

Or if you want, a sort of tuxedo where " the tuxedo part" has several colors.   :)

Red and black tortie, with white.

If you manage to discrimine the classical tabby M on her forehead, and even some tabby stripes, it would be a torbie with white.

torbie = tortoise shell and tabby..

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dkitts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok but she is still Siamese

dkitts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are litter mates. She has the Siamese profile my question is although she is clearly of Siamese stock looking at her brother what do you call a Siamese cat that has calico fur?

dkitts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

emandjee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are litter mates. She has the Siamese profile my question is although she is clearly of Siamese stock looking at her brother what do you call a Siamese cat that has calico fur?
Hmmm not sure, Dkitts. I will say I'm not the expert on feline genetics here, but I thought to be a full Siamese, they'd all have to be pointed? Have you seen both parents? If not, she could have a moggie sire in there, making her a Siamese mix. Cats are known to have multiple sires in one litter if your cat isn't from an authentic breeder.

Not to say that takes away anything from Trinity, of course. I love moggies because they're also hardier in general. Purebreds came from moggies, too, not the other way around.