What Kind Of Cat Is This Tennessee Rex

ginnyvaet66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live not to far from Dixson, TN and I came across this stray cat that has almost a wavy fur in front he also has a big puffy tail, he looks semi long furred, but one picture he seemed to glow, and I thought I wonder if he has that sheen can anyone tell is this just a long hair or a tennessee rex, the last picture when I took it it actually glows there is flourescent on both pictures where he is in the light so refracted light like the sheen gene what do you think

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not seeing anything that looks like a rex cat here, although it is hard to see in the pictures. If a cat has long or semi-long hair, it's easy for some hairs to clump up on the chest and become wavy or curly if they are not combed. A rex cat, on the other hand, would have curled or wavy hair all over the body.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have any pictures that are closer up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginnyvaet66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
his fur seems to glow he will not let me get close, he is a long furred cat

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I'm still not seeing rex coat in these pictures. He looks to me like a long lean cat with a semi-longhaired coat that could use some combing.

ginnyvaet66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he is a stray cat, hanging around my house

ginnyvaet66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I caught him and looks at under side the fur is clearly curly I have had lots of long haired cats, maybe not as curly

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think it does look like he’s rexed. My guess would be that he has some Devon Rex in him, although the rex mutation can be spontaneous as well. He’s a very cute cat!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard to judge from their underside because that fur often is a bit different then the rest as it is a warmer area. Especially fluffy cats hair tend to curl between their back legs and belly and appear crimped almost. Could do a DNA test to find out.