What kind of cat is my little Kiba (aka Fanglynn)

whiskeyrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I only know 3 things for sure about her grandmother and her parents;

The grandmother Manue had medium length hair on her body, her tail had long feathered hair and she was a turtle back calico in color. Her hind legs where shorter than her front, and she has a long thin body with a very thin angled face ( her breed is unknown I found her on a job site in a large wet box in a abandoned home that was under construction I gave her to my daughter as a b-day present after her first vet visit at 8 weeks )

her mother is Runt and she is white with large orange/stripes and large gray/stripes areas also a calico I think. With short hair and a similar body her mom Manue.

But the father Tiger is a basic american shorthair orange tabby, the mother and father are bother and sister (I am worried about this and Kiba's health)

So my little Kiba is a soul survivor of a litter of 6 it's very sad but the kittens were born in a swamp with a lot of snakes and alligators right at the time of year when they start to wake from hibernation.

That's what I know about my little Kiba girl but what I would like to know is what kind of cat is she?
; she talks all the time
is extremely playfull but rough when she plays
She is mostly white with solid light orange ears, tail is light orange/stripes , and she has very light orange or cream stripes runing up all four legs. Her eyes are a very pretty blue with almost Violet outline on edges of them. She is very cute and sweet as can be ( if she stopes trying to bit and claw when she plays)

So what do y'all think? What kind of kitty is my Kiba?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I only know 3 things for sure about her grandmother and her parents;

The grandmother Manue had medium length hair on her body, her tail had long feathered hair and she was a turtle back calico in color. Her hind legs where shorter than her front, and she has a long thin body with a very thin angled face ( her breed is unknown I found her on a job site in a large wet box in a abandoned home that was under construction I gave her to my daughter as a b-day present after her first vet visit at 8 weeks )

her mother is Runt and she is white with large orange/stripes and large gray/stripes areas also a calico I think. With short hair and a similar body her mom Manue.

But the father Tiger is a basic american shorthair orange tabby, the mother and father are bother and sister (I am worried about this and Kiba's health)

So my little Kiba is a soul survivor of a litter of 6 it's very sad but the kittens were born in a swamp with a lot of snakes and alligators right at the time of year when they start to wake from hibernation.

That's what I know about my little Kiba girl but what I would like to know is what kind of cat is she?
; she talks all the time
is extremely playfull but rough when she plays
She is mostly white with solid light orange ears, tail is light orange/stripes , and she has very light orange or cream stripes runing up all four legs. Her eyes are a very pretty blue with almost Violet outline on edges of them. She is very cute and sweet as can be ( if she stopes trying to bit and claw when she plays)

So what do y'all think? What kind of kitty is my Kiba?
Kiba is  a point.   (="siamese-mix").  The word point comes from the pointed parts of the body are darker than the rest, typically tail, ears, a masque on the face, usually paws too.   In her case, she is prob a creme point, (=diluted red), and this is why the masque is barely visible.  But looking at the tail and the ears, its easier to see the dark parts.

And of course, the blue eyes.  She begins to be old enough now to lose her baby blue, and it is visible now the blue is for real.

She is playing hard in part because she is alone kitten.  She hasnt siblings to teach her it hurts to be too hard.

You must do it, by showing it hurts...    OR get her a cat friend to wrestle with...

Her creme coloring comes from her ancestors yes, who had aplenty red and creme in them.  Apparently they had also a diluting gene to send on.

Point gene is recessive, so it wont show if its single. But paired up, one from mom who is a carrier, and one from dad whom too is a carrier, it becomes strong, and making the kitten in question into a point...

Such can for example happen among the Russian Blue.  Where they used some blue points a 60 years back...   These point gene are still floating there... Although known carriers arent usually used in breeding programmes.

Grandmother was possibly looking somewhat like a semi-longhaired orientale,  I think they are sometimes called for Javanese.   Or she was some sort of mixed out modern siamese...  Perhaps a mixed out modern balinese  (balinese is a semi-longhaired siamese).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskeyrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you it's nice to know what kind of kitten Kiba is.

whiskeyrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is their a good way to show her it hurts (I don't think my ears, hands and feet can take the abuse much longer) I've had kittens in the past rescued and bottle-fed a few over the years till they where old enough to be weaned and sent to new homes but I've never had one that was this playfull ( most of the kittens I've cared for acted like dogs more than cats )

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is their a good way to show her it hurts (I don't think my ears, hands and feet can take the abuse much longer) I've had kittens in the past rescued and bottle-fed a few over the years till they where old enough to be weaned and sent to new homes but I've never had one that was this playfull ( most of the kittens I've cared for acted like dogs more than cats )
You essentially mark it by voice, yelling whatever is comfortable...  You can show off you are a little angry too... Facial expressions and Voice, or cease the play for a few minutes...

whiskeyrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the advice I will try what you said and hopefully it will work