What Kind of Cat is Mei

oliver15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 1 year old cat who is either the prettiest tabby cat I've ever seen, or she's mixed with something else as well. She's got a long body but is barely even hitting 6 lb, and has a long tail in proportion to her body. She's got spotted skin under her fur as I found out after she was spayed, is very lovable but will only tolerate being picked up by certain people. She talks a little but also has this tiny high pitched meow when she wants something that is so heartbreaking. She has stripes on most of her body but has small spots on her stomach and solid dark feet. I have included pictures from varying ages ofher now 1 year old self. What breed do you think she might be?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Domestic shorthair, brown tabby.  Very sweet!

The spots on skin were on her tummy, I presume?  Its quite common tabbies do have spotted tummies.  Its spots on the sides and backside whom counts.

Her black foot soles tell us she does carry black.  And she does, we see these stripes are black.

She is called for brown tabby, not only because she gives a brownish impression, but because these stripes are black.

So, a grey tabby with grey stripes will be called for a grey (or blue) tabby.   While a  grey tabby with black stripes will be called for brown tabby...