What Kind Of Cat As Short Thick Fur?

Gatomons

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought two kittens from a man who claimed to have no clue about the parents.
The one kitten has long fur and I swear has the same personality as my previous maine coon.
The brother is almost all grey with a white belly and paws. His fur is short and very thick. What breeds have thick fur or can the domestic also have short thick fur? I haven't felt fur like this on a cat since working at the cat shelter. Wowzer.

I'm convinced that the mother was a maine coon cross and the father being something else... when he showed me a pic of the father cat he was all grey with green eyes.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
There are shorthaired breeds with thick fur, such as British Shorthair, American Shorthair, and Exotic. It's hard to pinpoint exactly where those adorable, sweet kittens got their plush fur, especially since most cats don't have any specific breed ancestry. You could always get them DNA tested if you're curious! They're super cute kittens for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gatomons

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb so domestics can have thick fur? Never knew that. How much does it cost to get a kitten gened?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, domestic cats can have thick plush coats, or thin sleek coats... they can have harsh textured coats or soft silky coats... long or short coats, puffy or flat coats... pretty much any variation you can imagine. There is tremendous diversity in the domestic cat gene pool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gatomons

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lutece lutece No wonder you need to get them gened! Thank you so much. :D