What Kind Of Cat Am I?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Reggie, one of the strays I feed. He has a really stocky muscular body and a skinny tail. What do you think?
Reggie.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a picture of his side? I'd like to give you a pattern evaluation. He looks like a blue tabby (I can't be sure of which type without a pic of his side) Domestic Shorthair. He is a decent lookalike to an American Shorthair, with his muscular body and wide chest, but absent a DNA test it's impossible to know for sure if he does have some ASH influence. Reggie is certainly a striking cat, regardless!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a little more of his side showing on there:
Reggie-side.jpg
Reggie-side2.jpg
Reggie-side3.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like he has ghost mackeral tabby markings, so he would be a blue (with ghost mackeral tabby markings) Domestic Shorthair. :)

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like he has ghost mackeral tabby markings, so he would be a blue (with ghost mackeral tabby markings) Domestic Shorthair. :)
Thanks, he looked so different to me than other cats, because he is so much more muscular, so I always wondered about him. But now that I have fattened him up a little, you can't see his muscles as much. There is something special about him, even if he is just a plain old domestic shorthair. He always looks me in the eyes.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He may perhaps have a korat among forefathers. They are more stocky and muscular build than for example russian blue, whom are muscular but slender.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may perhaps have a korat among forefathers. They are more stocky and muscular build than for example russian blue, whom are muscular but slender.
Thank you, Maybe this guy has some korat too, his name is Harry.
Harry.jpg