What kind of breed is my new kitten? Korat?

foxesinfiction

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone,

My s/o and I are going to be adopting a 4 month old kitten from a pet store in Brooklyn in a couple of days and I was wondering if anybody could help me to figure out what kind of breed it is. I'm not sure what the history of the cat is, but a couple of people have told me that they think it's a korat, but I'm really not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View media item 171486

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most cats, about 97%, doesnt belong to any especial breed. They are domestic, or "moggies".

Sometimes they are more or less a look alike of a breed, but it doesnt make them being a breed.

Not without correct papers, or at very least, a thrustworthy reliable story behind.

What do you mean, got him at a pet story?  Is it a shelter who gets help from this pet story to adopt out their cats?  (a quite common solution, where the cats are typically shown there just one day in a week).

Or does this pet shop perhaps cooperate with some BYB-breeder?  - But if so, they should know.

Korates (and also Russian Blue) shall have clearly green eyes.  Also the fur shall have a silver shimmer about it.

Some say young korates may have other eye colors, and they become green later on. It may be so, especielly as it comes from a BYB-breeder.

so if it important for you to think your new furry friend is a korate, do it.

But if you are in court and forced to swear on it, tell he is a domestic, otherwise you will bear false witnesshood.   :)

Good luck!