What kind of breed is my cat?

RickCMC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is one my cats Mischa that I adopted last September. Does anyone know what kind of breed she may be? Thanks!
A516C2F5-D0A2-4EC6-B30B-E1EB83C1F195.jpeg
19288441-377D-45E1-B512-CAF3F8461931.jpeg

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a domestic long hair tabby. Hard to tell which kind of tabby from those photos and due to her being so fluffy. Others may have ideas that. Most cats are domestic cats, no specific breed or even a mix of them.

She really is a gorgeous cat. Is she as sweet as she appears to be?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RickCMC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a domestic long hair tabby. Hard to tell which kind of tabby from those photos and due to her being so fluffy. Others may have ideas that. Most cats are domestic cats, no specific breed or even a mix of them.

She really is a gorgeous cat. Is she as sweet as she appears to be?
Thanks! Yes she is very sweet and playful but she likes to nibble on your hand sometimes when you pet her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she visibly biggish?

The jaw is big and quadish enough for being a decent look alike of a Maine Coon..
But as her name is Mischa, its perhaps better you pretend she is a somewhat look alike to a Siberian.... :)

Siberians are usually biggish them too, but a good shade lesser than MCO; and not all Siberians are visibly biggish.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say a Domestic long hair brown mackerel tabby. :)

When you pet her only pet behind the head and make sure to play with her lots and never with your hands. That should help. if her ears go to the side or tail starts twitching stop petting asap lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RickCMC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she visibly biggish?

The jaw is big and quadish enough for being a decent look alike of a Maine Coon..
But as her name is Mischa, its perhaps better you pretend she is a somewhat look alike to a Siberian.... :)

Siberians are usually biggish them too, but a good shade lesser than MCO; and not all Siberians are visibly biggish.
She is kind of biggish. She weighs over 10 pounds. I don’t think she’s a pure Maine Coon but she could me a mix?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is kind of biggish. She weighs over 10 pounds. I don’t think she’s a pure Maine Coon but she could me a mix?
Highly unlikely. If all the people who thought their cat was a mixed breed (which judged by this site alone, is a lot!) that would mean there's an enormous amount of purebreed cats roaming the streets. Which, isn't so. Breeders keep their cats in very secure conditions. They are super careful about making sure they do not escape. Plus, the amount of purebreed cats is only 3-5% of the entire population of cats, worldwide. So you can see how the odds are against this possibility.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one my cats Mischa that I adopted last September. Does anyone know what kind of breed she may be? Thanks!View attachment 415951View attachment 415952
Gorgeous baby😻 She is a dlh brown tabby, as a look a like she looks kinda like a mix of Siberian and MC, but mor sib to me, anyway possible forest cat an estry which are all naturally in the areas they come from before thye were bred to be pedigree pb cats.