What kind of breed is my Cat? Pics included

setonai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi, my brother got a new cat and im not sure what kind of breed my new kitty is?
I hope someone can tell me, she has blue eyes if the picture is not clear enough

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she?
She looks young and that is why her eyes are still blue.
They will change color.
She is cute though.
She looks like a DLH.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic long hair, agree with above about the eyes. Kitty looks very young.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue domestic longhair. She is cute. Since she'll have long hair, its best to start now and get a fine and medium toothed comb and start setting up a grooming time/place and do this every other day.

BTW saw you also posted this to Yahoo Answers

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous, I agree, I think she is a domestic long hair and also agree that her eyes will change colour as she gets older. Congratulations on your new fur baby. x

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Blue domestic longhair. She is cute. Since she'll have long hair, its best to start now and get a fine and medium toothed comb and start setting up a grooming time/place and do this every other day.
Yeah. And also to learn her to bathe now and then.

On shorthair a bath is seldom necessary. But on longhairs you will need if sooner or later.
You prob will even need it regularly if it isnt enough with combing etc.

So she is a DLH. And IF she resembles a breed, is difficult to say as yet. When she is grown up, you will perhaps see if she is a look alike some breed.

She is already georgous!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

BTW saw you also posted this to Yahoo Answers
She looks like a blue tabby to me???

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe - hard to really tell from the pictures. The stripes are not very dark and many solid blues (light blues) will show ghost tabby markings.

I know cause my first purebreds were RB's and they are born with some ghost stripes which will fade as the color comes in more.

And since its a longhair, makes it that much harder to tell if its a solid or a tabby from the pictures presented.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe - hard to really tell from the pictures. The stripes are not very dark and many solid blues (light blues) will show ghost tabby markings.

I know cause my first purebreds were RB's and they are born with some ghost stripes which will fade as the color comes in more.

And since its a longhair, makes it that much harder to tell if its a solid or a tabby from the pictures presented.
Yeah but look at her feet and around her ears it has that really warm oatmealy tabby colour?? hard to tell with the quality of the pics though. There are very few solid blues with such a light shade of fur (such as those in the pics)

ETA and her nose is brick red by the looks which implies blue tabby rather then blue??

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be right - didn't notice the nose color but a solid blue would have a dark blue nose. Tabby would have the brick red.

I just looked up RB and Blue Tabby ASH - the RB is a grey nose, the Blue Tabby is a rose nose. So in that case the OP has a longhair blue tabby domestic.

Good spotting on that one

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You might be right - didn't notice the nose color but a solid blue would have a dark blue nose. Tabby would have the brick red.

I just looked up RB and Blue Tabby ASH - the RB is a grey nose, the Blue Tabby is a rose nose. So in that case the OP has a longhair blue tabby domestic.

Good spotting on that one
Rose that's a nice term - ours is brick red!! Which to me they never look brick red!!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DLH as everyone said, She is one gorgeous little kitty. She's really adorable now but I bet she will be even more of a stunner as she grows up.