What is Wrong with my kitten!! Acting out all of a sudden!!

Have you every had your cat/kitten act out, with no apparent reason?

• Yes...Demon cat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...not so much,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help!!! all the time!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

kcttcambruce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i got this kitten on June 1st. The baby is a cuddle bug and pretty much sweet as can be. He lays on my chest for his cat naps while im home and then plays for about 1-2 hours. Rinse and repeat. Lol. So for the last 3 nights my fiancé, me and him have been going to bed about 12ish. Tonight we weren't that tired so we were gonna stay up a bit longer. So we got out of bed, Bruce followed us, and we didnt think anything of it. Well from the time he came in the living room with us he was super playful. To the point of borderline psycho kitty. Attacking us at every turn. Tore a couple holes in us too. Like while he was jumping in the air and landing on us. Well i gave up trying to calm him down and went back to bed. My fiancé stayed in the living room. I expected bruce to attack me if he came to bed. So i covered up well. For seemly no reason i looked up and bruce is passed out on his little bed at the h:seesaw:ead of our bed.:seesaw::blobmul:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That just sounds like 'kitten' to me..

Remember not to use hands or feet as playthings! 

Welcome to TCS, and Happy New Kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcttcambruce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From what i understand he is about 8-9 weeks, and the person i got him from had him a couple weeks before. Do you think it would be wise to get another kitten so he has a playmate (around the same age)?

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
This isn't really my area, but if the person who had him before did not have his mother as well, then he left his mother really early.  Ideally kittens should be with their mums for about 12 weeks as they learn a lot from her.

Would you like another kitten or is it just for the sake of this little guy?

kcttcambruce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
honestly, I LOVE kitties. if i could afford it i would be the Crazy cat lady lol. so yes i would like another kitten. My fiance is the one who needs convinceing lol.

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

honestly, I LOVE kitties. if i could afford it i would be the Crazy cat lady lol. so yes i would like another kitten. My fiance is the one who needs convinceing lol.
I've had two kittens and I've had one. Sera was already 8 months old when her sister passed but she still was a lot harder to deal with alone and shes always been hard to handle (getting into everything lol typical kitten). As for my point? Tell your fiance another kitten will wear him out and make your life easier.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

Ah well, maybe you'd better tell him that it will be the ideal thing to do...

kcttcambruce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think i'm gonna tell him that kittens that are taken away from their mother didn't have enough time to teach him how to behave or litter mates to teach him where to stop. Plus while we are gone at work he wont be home alone all the time. hehe. i think i got this. but thank you guys for the advice and the insight. i really appreciate it!!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another kitten is great (and highly advisable), but remember to consider the extra costs associated with it -- a couple more litter boxes, toys, routine and unexpected vet visits, etc.

kcttcambruce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have a fantastic vet. that my mom takes her cats to. (which used to actually be my cats, but not anymore due to living circumstances).  this is the first time that i have ever had just one cat so thats why i wasn't sure why he was going crazy. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went through this with my DH.  Finally got K2 in Feb. and the kittes get along great. Sometimes have 2 cats running around at 3am but it makes me smile.  They are very cute together, inviting each other to play tag or chase.  I recommend a second cat. 

crawlingdolphin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pretty much like my Chopin. I have given him toys to play around while I'm working on the computer or whenecer we play but he still pretty much likes to play with my hair (it's pink). As for a new kitten, he's a super attention hogger and doesn't want anything to divide the attention of his humans.