What is this????

jwulf1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Buttermilk.jpg

It was oozing (I think blood) until we started applying homeopathic arnica cream on it. He's had this wound for about 4 months. We have no clue what it is. He is in pain when we try to lift him up and put pressure on this. Please help!! Going to the vet is very difficult due to financial reasons...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry but it's a little difficult for me to make out what this is from the pic especially with his fur. However, since you said he's had it for four months and in pain I would definitely recommend contacting your vet. Since you mentioned finances are a problem perhaps you could explain your situation and e-mail the pic to them. But if you do this I would take several pics so they can see the wound better. I hope this Article will have some helpful information regarding paying for veterinary care:
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jwulf1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
here is a better picture

Buttermilk (2).jpg

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is he licking it excessively? It could be food or litter allergy. If there is an open wound, a vet is required.

jwulf1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no, i dont think so

jwulf1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no it was oozing (i think blood) until we started putting homeopathic arnica cream on it

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI. Sorry, can't tell anything from your pics. The very fact that this - whatever it is, has been going on for 4 months, means that you are not getting it resolved. Especially if you think there is pain involved. I am guessing this is an outdoor cat? If so, not helping matters. Have a vet that you can consult with via phone?

jwulf1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anybody have any idea of something we can do?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited: