What Is This?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have other cats - in other words did he get scratched in play? Could it be an insect bite?

Would you be able to send the photo in to your vet and see what they say?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey thats a good idea i didnt think of it. she mite have just got hit with a claw or something could be a spider i supose. could a wasp possibly do it cause we seem to be getting them darned things inside the house and its cold out have no idea where they are comming from either=(.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
You could get some chamomile tea (from the little baggies, not loose leaf), brew it, cool it and apply with a cotton ball.

It's anti fungal, anti bacterial and will help ease any itch or discomfort. Plus if she licks it, it is safe :)

Natashan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please don’t just wait for it to get better if it looks angry or she keeps going for it. If it gets any bigger and angrier make sure you go to the vet. These things abscess super quickly and cause some horrible infections.
My friends cat, Mini, had a small spot that accessed very quickly (a matter of days) and got really quite ill. Poor thing had to have a drain put in and was on some heavy meds. Wasn’t pleasant for her or her (human) mum.