What Is This On The Cat’s Ear?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, she just comes to my house everyday.

JoyM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, she just comes to my house everyday.
You might not have adopted her but it sounds like she adopted you!
I’m sure you have heard “Cats pick their owners.” Just enjoy being one of the chosen!

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see you're new to this site - - I hope you enjoy it! It's full of great information, wonderful members (with lots of great information;)), and lots of people who are happy to lend a soft shoulder. So I'm glad you came here with your question!

That said - - - I can't quite tell if it's what J JoyM suggested - - - I've never seen one of those in my 30 years of cat shelter work/volunteering?!?! And it's almost impossible to tell from the pic - - it doesn't quite look like a tic (if it were, it'd likely be burrowed more under the kitty's fur----altho the fur's short there----and not that cream color).

I know she's "not your cat" - - but it does seem like she's "chosen you"! She's got an ear tip, so I'm guessing someone fixed her (likely in a TNR situation - although she looks far from feral in her interaction with you!). She obviously cares for you - - and you wouldn't likely be posting here if you didn't care for her! Plus I see what looks like remnants of home made scrambled eggs on her place. :itslove: Is there a possibility she could call your place home? (I obviously don't know your financial situation, indoor pet population, etc.) A vet could surely take a quick look at it and let you know if it's anything to be concerned with!

Hope you'll let us know how this turns out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha good observation about the eggs!
I do want to adopt her but I am hesitant about it because she does seem semi feral. Plus I just recently started petting her, she comes to my house on an off since last November, but she wouldn’t let me touch her and she even gets scared everytime I go outside so she runs away but comes back quickly too when she sees food