What is this demon!?

danny92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Despite the title I absolutely love my little peanut(yes, i named him peanut). Adopted when he was two months old is now 11 months and he is bonkers. He lives with us in a family of 5, he is very playful, very hyper and will chew on anything he can get his mouth around including my hand.

Im just curious as to what breed he might be, i know he isnt a "purebreed" but still, wouldnt hurt to know what he originates from :)

Thanks guys (and girls)

Last edited by a moderator:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't tell you but he is very pretty. I'm partial to ginger & whites. I have one called Sammy.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just love the pictures of your kitty peeping out from the curtains. Someone else will be along to answer your questions.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure if he is any particular breed, but I love his colouring. I guess you would call that ginger tabby and white. I have a boy who looks a lot like him. He's a little demon too, I'm sure there is something in the ginger gene that makes kittens especially naughty.

Peanut is a nice name. We call our little ginger-nut Toby Terror.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With that beautiful tail and long fur, I would say he has some Maine Coon in his past. Without papers I guess all we can do is guess. Whatever he is, he's absolutely beautiful!

ceedee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww, what a beautiful boy! I, too, am very fond of ginger-and-white kitties. There's something about ginger toms, they tend to have the very best personalities of all cats, imo.

As for his breed, I haven't the foggiest. I'm like the person who created the pic at link: dogs go by breeds, cats are just cats. ;)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I'm not sure if he is any particular breed, but I love his colouring. I guess you would call that ginger tabby and white. I have a boy who looks a lot like him. He's a little demon too, I'm sure there is something in the ginger gene that makes kittens especially naughty.

Peanut is a nice name. We call our little ginger-nut Toby Terror.
Its perhaps the same which makes the torties their tortitude?   All torties do have per defintion red in them. Or ginger if you want.

I suppose that gene is essentially the same, although perhaps modified by other co-genes.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no good clear cut shot from the side, but I suspect he is a classic tabby.

Classic tabby and white bi-color, in the saddle pattern.  Or possibly a short tuxedo, so to speak.   :)