What Is This Cylinder On This Cat's Collar?

cocobutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all! There's a very friendly neighbor cat who stops by my mom's home occasionally. As you can see in the attached photo, he/she wears an ID tag and a mysterious cylinder on his/her collar. Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some ID things that look like that---you write the kitty's info on a slip of paper, roll it up and put it in the tube. Perhaps the kitty has some health issues that are explained in there. Try opening it next time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocobutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are some ID things that look like that---you write the kitty's info on a slip of paper, roll it up and put it in the tube. Perhaps the kitty has some health issues that are explained in there. Try opening it next time!
Thank you for that info! I'll tell my mom to open it the next time he/she comes around.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that's an idea! Yeah, don't try to force it or anything. I looked up both cylinder IDs and GPS trackers, and I can't find anything that looks exactly like it, but it could be an older model.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocobutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would be cool if it were a GPS tracker. I don't think there's any reason to try to open it since the kitty obviously has a home, is well fed and very loved.