What is this cough?

Farouh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my cat is almost 3 years old. When he coughs nothing comes up. He's eating normally but maybe a bit less active. I'm afraid it could be poison??
I uploaded the video to my YouTube channel
March 28, 2022

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What makes you think it could be poison?? From bronchitis to asthma, a lot of different things can cause coughing.

Did you change anything in the house when this started? Something with a scent? Anything that could cause dust? If so, he might be giving an allergic reaction. Asthma can start out of the blue also, you can try a dust-free and scent-free pellet litter.

Have you noticed anything abnormal about his breathing or heartbeats? If you do, I would take him to the vet immediately.

If there is a clinic you regularly go to, you can send the video and ask them - they would probably have some follow-up questions like the frequency of the cough, what kind of litter you use in the litterbox, when it started, etc

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't hear it loud enough on my speakers, but it sounds like he is not getting enough air.
CAN you take him to an Emergency Vet, asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Farouh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't hear it loud enough on my speakers, but it sounds like he is not getting enough air.
CAN you take him to an Emergency Vet, asap.
He is fine. He coughs like this maybe twice or once a day, since 3 days ago. I will take him to the vet when they open:(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Farouh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What makes you think it could be poison?? From bronchitis to asthma, a lot of different things can cause coughing.

Did you change anything in the house when this started? Something with a scent? Anything that could cause dust? If so, he might be giving an allergic reaction. Asthma can start out of the blue also, you can try a dust-free and scent-free pellet litter.

Have you noticed anything abnormal about his breathing or heartbeats? If you do, I would take him to the vet immediately.

If there is a clinic you regularly go to, you can send the video and ask them - they would probably have some follow-up questions like the frequency of the cough, what kind of litter you use in the litterbox, when it started, etc
He doesn't use litterbox. He goes outside. I found some spilled liquid laundry gel the other day on his tail and legs but i cleaned him. The vets are closed here