What is this color called?

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How would the color of this kitty be described? She has a striped tail and light blue/gray eyes. The front paws are white, I forgot what color the hind feet are.

She has a good temperament so far, a bit cautious but purring and meowing, and she enjoys pets. She came from a barn colony but seems too social to leave her there.

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She looks like a seal lynx point to me. Seal is the dark brown color. Lynx is the tabby markings. Point means her cooler "points" will be darker. Points include face, ears, tail, legs. As cats age their body temperature tends to drop and the whole body can become darker.
Do you have a picture of her feet? If they're distinctly white you can add "and white" to the description.

What a pretty kitty. Have you named her yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the info. 🙂 Her feet are white except for the back legs, which has some diluted color. I added a pic. Sorry for the messy cage, I was working long hours the past 2 days.

She has an appointment tomorrow to get flea treatment, fvrcp, felv/fiv test before I move her to a small bathroom. My husband really wanted to name her since I named most of our others, so he picked Genya (Jenya).

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, she is a point, "siamese-mix" She is also a tabby. . That is why her colors looks peculiar.

Forepaws are white because she also carries white spot...
there is a whitish nose piece... It may be a white spot this too, but if its creme colored, she may even be a tortie thrown into the fray...
Ps. If the paws are creme sooner than white, it would be another sign of her tortie, and not a true white spot.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As I understand this, you are rescuing and adopting a homeless / astray cat?

Swell! Well done!