What is this bump on my cat’s eyelid?

JBMMBJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 7-month-old Ragdoll that has a small bump on his eyelid, he seems normal besides this, eats, plays and does everything as usual.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a very tiny bump on his eyelid and didn’t think much of it, however yesterday I noticed it did get bigger. Could it be an inflamed oil gland? Or something similar?

I will attach a picture for reference. It’s possible to see it in the corner of the eye, on the upper eyelid.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would send this pic to the Vet and get their opinion on it. Does it seem to bother the little guy? I would think it is something like a sty, and those are itchy as all get out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stye is certainly possible, as is a clogged pore (whitehead). Yep, let's send this photo to a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JBMMBJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would send this pic to the Vet and get their opinion on it. Does it seem to bother the little guy? I would think it is something like a sty, and those are itchy as all get out.
Thank you for your response! It doesn’t seem to bother him too much, but a couple of times he did try to scratch it. I will try to to ask the vet if I can send them a picture, however I have a feeling they’ll ask me to go in person.
When it comes to a sty, what’s the usual treatment?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
IF it's a sty, a warm compress should help, but first your Vet needs to determine that's the issue. It could be something else altogether.