What is something you thought as a child...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother thought a good way for me to learn about nature was to sit with my kitty as she had her kittens. She told me it was exactly the same for humans. I believed her. Some months later she was talking to me about the day when I might have children. I told her I wasn’t going to have any which surprised her since I always loved every baby. She asked,” Why won’t you have children?” Answer..... “Because I don’t think I can lick them after I have them.” Of course she burst into laughter. Fortunately for me, she explained that I would not have to do everything the mom cat did!
I also believed that all creatures have a language and that our kitties understood much of what I tried to communicate. My Dad found that “cute”. Many decades later, I have him believing.;) He talks to my boy Mackie on the phone now.:lol: Mackie does talk back too!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever I heard music on the radio, I thought that the singer / band was actually in the radio station studio performing live. I thought the studio must be huge to have dozens of singers / bands performing one after the other and the people just flew to the radio station daily to perform live. I eventually learned that radio stations were just playing music from the singers / bands released albums.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I heard music on the radio, I thought that the singer / band was actually in the radio station studio performing live. I thought the studio must be huge to have dozens of singers / bands performing one after the other and the people just flew to the radio station daily to perform live. I eventually learned that radio stations were just playing music from the singers / bands released albums.
Ha, sounds like my TV thing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a kid I thought adults were smart because they were adults. Turns out many adults are actually quite stupid.
:spew:
I was shocked the first time I heard an "elderly" person making fun of someone. I could not imagine that adults made fun of people. BTW, if you've ever wondered if doctors make fun of their patients, wonder no more. As a whole, they are some of the most stunted, immature people I have ever met. No offense if you are one. My parents just did not make fun of people. My mom was the nicest person and my dad would just flat out put someone in their place. But I never heard them laughing at anyone behind their back. No saying anything like, "I could count the number of teeth in that family on one hand." Yeah, a doctor said something like that about a family who came into the office and laughed himself into an idiotic frenzy. :rolleyes2: I could get worse, with things he talked about saying with his pharmacist wife when they were out to dinner, but I'll play nice. They could be so ugly. Sometimes I wanted to say, "Both of you need to take a look in the mirror..."

Last edited: