What is something you thought as a child...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believed Santa was real and hung onto it longer then most small children.

I thought the same thing about dogs and cats at least until I knew about reproduction. I still tend to refer to cats as she and dogs as he even though I have known better for many, many years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Um, denice denice , Santa is real! :clap:

I was horrifed when I learned that you don't lose your teeth all your life. When I was little, I assumed you would grow a set of teeth only for them to fall out again. A cycle that would repeat over and over, your whole life. I loved wiggling my lose teeth. Still bummed about that fact.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I was little, I assumed you would grow a set of teeth only for them to fall out again. A cycle that would repeat over and over, your whole life. I loved wiggling my lose teeth. Still bummed about that fact.
Which brings me to the Tooth Fairy - I thought she was real and disappointed when I finally found out.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as a kid i admired the cops that all changed fast the older i got after being roughed up by them/harrassed etc.inow that i am older i realize its a job that corrupts and encourages the abuse of power granted not all cops are that way but theres more bad than good in my opinion and the correctional system is even worse. i got to see lots of that cruelty first hand in the prisons and county jail in the early 90s with those kill or be killed fights some correctional and county jail cops forced inmates into

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a suspicious child, and if I didn't know something I'd go to the library and look it up (at one point it was my goal to learn literally everything, lol) (hey maybe that's one; that I believed it was possible to learn literally everything! Turns out here's just too much Everything for one person), so there wasn't a lot I believed that was child-like. BUT. Even though I *knew* it wasn't true, I harbored a secret belief that some toys were alive and if you were sneaky enough you could maybe catch them doing something. It's probably best that Toy Story wasn't out yet, that wouldn't have helped!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember asking my mom when the world turned from black and white into color after I saw pictures of her as a child. So I honestly believed the 50s were in b&w.
. That just reminded me that once I wanted something and my mom told me we couldn’t afford it. I told her I knew we had lots of money because I saw all the checks she had :alright: She had to explain to me how that worked.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Years ago, my 9 year old nephews explaining to the three 7 year olds.

Why aren't there any more dinosaurs?.
You know that methane is bad for the atmosphere and the planet? Right.
It comes from cow poop (hands show 11 inch pie size).
7 Year olds shake heads as they understand.
Well dinosaur poop is this big (reach out as far as they can).
Too much methane, no more dinosauers.
7 year olds in unison, Oh, that's why.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lions, tigers, bears, Oh My.
Did you know there were two silly unicorns that climbed onto the ark too?
Before 40 days or 40 nights, the giraffes and elephants told the obligate carnivores to "Stop looking at us that way!".
They had a meeting.
The giraffes and elephants, later spoke to the unicorns.
"The rain sounds almost like it stopped." "Go topside and see if you can see a rainbow."
So ever since then, unicorns have been associated with rainbows.