What is she?

ChelseaLee99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So ..this lovely girl started to come to my garden the past 2 months, she's done a great job choosing me I think :
IMG_20210728_112429.jpg

I started to feed her and let her on my bed, to buying her a shelter for the garden just incase I'm at work. I am taking her to the vets next week, would have gone before but alot has came up
She's a beautiful cat who chirps at me, I've never kept a cat before so I'm here getting educated :)

She doesn't seem to be old, her teeth are perfectly white. Oh and I've started calling her Mew, asked all my neighborhood where she's from nobody seems to know. I will love to find out just what breed she is,her personality is so funny and the 🦋 on her head! More importantly see if she has a chip or not to do the right thing and give her to her owner :)
My 15 year old dog passed away this January, and I wanted a fluff all around the house, I'm enjoying it for now.
Ill keep you updated!
IMG_20210728_112229.jpg
IMG_20210728_112229.jpg
IMG_20210728_112349.jpg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is a little too old to have inherited the soul of your beloved dog. But Im sure yours dog soul did told her where there was a hooman in need of some furry companion and friend.

Domestic shorthair, torbie? calico in the van pattern.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She likely has an active piebald gene.
This is the same gene that is active in the Turkish Van that causes a masking of the body to provide a chalk white coloration of the fur.
That gene is available to domestic cats too.

This is an image of my former PB Turkish Van. Note the long fur.
Erissa_05mar2005_500H.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChelseaLee99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a little too old to have inherited the soul of your beloved dog. But Im sure yours dog soul did told her where there was a hooman in need of some furry companion and friend.

Domestic shorthair, torbie? calico in the van pattern.
I think the thought of my old boy telling her 'go to these softies' is hilarious :) she's came to a nice place haha. Thankyou for your gueses, I'll have to look into patterns on different breeds. I thought she was a mix to be honest

ChelseaLee99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She likely has an active piebald gene.
This is the same gene that is active in the Turkish Van that causes a masking of the body to provide a chalk white coloration of the fur.
That gene is available to domestic cats too.

This is an image of my former PB Turkish Van. Note the long fur.
View attachment 389611
What a beautiful cat :3
I'd love to know how old she is, I can't wait to get her checked over by a vet.
The van pattern is really similar, it's really different looking. Do Turkish van's have long hair in the winter (summer here).
Thanks for your info ☺

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful thanks for saving her❤ I would say she is a dsh calico with the van pattern with high white. My Syb was a calico forest cat mix( profile pic) she had quite a lot of white on her face paws and tummy etc.
I hope you can keep her if there is no owner. 😻

ps most longhair cats get their winter fur in as it cools and sh cats get fluffier too. Sybil was always most glorious in the winter and shed quite a bit in spring summer but I gave her a lion cut in spring due to bad mats because she hated being brushed.

ChelseaLee99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful thanks for saving her❤ I would say she is a dsh calico with the van pattern with high white. My Syb was a calico forest cat mix( profile pic) she had quite a lot of white on her face paws and tummy etc.
I hope you can keep her if there is no owner. 😻

ps most longhair cats get their winter fur in as it cools and sh cats get fluffier too. Sybil was always most glorious in the winter and shed quite a bit in spring summer but I gave her a lion cut in spring due to bad mats because she hated being brushed.
Sybil was a sweet mixed cat back the pic! That's the thing with longer hair isn't it, just the upkeep but it's lovely.
I got Mew a brush and she's taken to it well, letting me brush her, she's shedding a lot xD there's lots of white hairs on my black clothes haha.
Mew looks like a Chinese waving cat/Lucky cat now I think of it :)

ChelseaLee99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Turkish Van fur is long all year around.
Your new friend sure is cute.
Thank you Bear, they seem like huge cats too.I didn't think she was a van really, she's very small, and the UK is far from the van's home.
I just like how Mew has taken the van pattern, like she's pretending to be another cat xD

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sybil was a sweet mixed cat back the pic! That's the thing with longer hair isn't it, just the upkeep but it's lovely.
I got Mew a brush and she's taken to it well, letting me brush her, she's shedding a lot xD there's lots of white hairs on my black clothes haha.
Mew looks like a Chinese waving cat/Lucky cat now I think of it :)
She was the best, she loved running around in the snow for hours, she was part nfc so she had the long guard hairs for it and she had very long hind legs, she was a true athlete, she could jump straight up 4 feet like a helicopter, it was a sight to see her leaping around, like a flying cat and she was super sweet like Mew💕😻 yes the white fur on my dark clothes, i get that with my quinn now who is sealpoint 😹 I love the waving cats, she does look like that, I have a pic of Quinn where he looks like one too, I will try to find it.

Last edited:

ChelseaLee99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just thought I'd add this one too, she would cry at me to let her in. This was perhaps the first week I had her on my doorstep.
Her face XD
received_328968865285555.jpeg