What Is My Kitten?

Abbyharvey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued this little baby and have no idea what she is! This picture makes her look black but she is more of a solid grey. She has blue eyes. Gorgeous little girl! I just want to know how to best care for her and her breed and was curious what you thought. The vet said a Russian blue but I wasn’t sure. I’ve heard it’s rare. Thanks for your help! Also.. any name suggestions?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like you have a lovely blue (gray) domestic shorthair! Her eyes are blue because she is a young baby. As she matures over the next many months, her eyes will gradually change to a color on the green/yellow/gold/orange spectrum.

Veterinarians do not receive any special training in identifying cats; their guesses are no better than anyone else's. This kitten doesn't appear to be a Russian Blue.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What an adorable little kitten! I would describe her as a blue Domestic Shorthair. You could also call her a Maltese cat. She’s so pretty!

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very pretty little kitten - makes me long for Niki’s kitten days.
Niki was sold and the first owners returned her (an eye issue) they had renamed her Glinka, when I got her I went back to her original name Krasavitsa Nikita Riverlight (lol a bit long but its on all her records) and its Niki for short. I have read recently that animals respond best to 2 syllable names that end in a i/ee/y sound.
I never considered changing Niki’s name again because I thought she’d been through enough. Its like babies, sometimes you need to see their personality to fit the name. My darling Vivi was supposed to be Fang or Scar but we went to the shelter we found this tiny little black cat and she became Vivien Liegh (Vivi) my last cat before Niki was a mischivious solid white - struggled naming him (the shelter had used Alex) he ended up being 13 (its was his cage number - my 10 year old niece just looked at me and asked ‘what happen to 1 through 12’ lol)
If you google names for grey cats there are some good ones.
I am looking at her picture and I am thinking the following (I’m feeling a bit literary today):
Bronte, Shirley, Pippi, Buffy, Hemmingway, Huxley