What is my cat’s breed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kai101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So as I said before, try taking your cat to the vet, or wait for a few days three days isn't that much, so your cat could just have a temporary problem hopefully!
I will probably try to that if my new types of litter didn’t work but I think I have read that some cats simply don’t cover their poop and other cats do I am afraid mine doesn’t fall in the latter 😪 but I guess I will do the covering and cleaning myself for a while..

Ashleyninja

Cats made the world Amazing
Young Cat
Purraise
I will probably try to that if my new types of litter didn’t work but I think I have read that some cats simply don’t cover their poop and other cats do I am afraid mine doesn’t fall in the latter 😪 but I guess I will do the covering and cleaning myself for a while..
:( I think there are courses teaching your cat skills, maybe you can enroll your cat in one? I read that somewhere online!

Kai101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:( I think there are courses teaching your cat skills, maybe you can enroll your cat in one? I read that somewhere online!
😂 how can it understand a course online? Sorry I really don’t understand the concept

Ashleyninja

Young Cat
Purraise
😂 how can it understand a course online? Sorry I really don’t understand the concept
I'm actually not sure, maybe another time, a safer time, you can go physically there, I'll be doing some research and sending them to you!!

Kai101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm actually not sure, maybe another time, a safer time, you can go physically there, I'll be doing some research and sending them to you!!
Thank you very much that will be very helpful 🤗

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
K Kai101 , Without a known pedigree your beautiful kitty is considered a Domestic Longhair (DLH). His pattern is lynx (tabby) point. It's hard to tell the color from a picture on a computer screen, but possibly chocolate or blue.

Himalayan is a Division of the Persian Breed which consists of all pointed Persians. Your kitty is somewhat similar to the old-style Persians, but not the modern flat-faced type.

Ragdolls are pointed cats that have a very distinctive facial pattern, which your kitty does not have.

Balinese are basically longhaired Siamese cats. They have much longer, slimmer bodies.

The closest look-a-like breed to your kitty might be the Birman.

You might want to take your question about litter box issues to the Grooming and General Cat Care forum where more people will see it.

Kai101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
👍👍 I have already seen that and did most of the steps but it didn’t work, I tried to teach it to cover by carrying him and showing him how it is done but it didn’t work and also I have changed the level of the sand but still jo change maybe because it separated from his mother when it was so young and feels that he doesn’t need to prove that this is his territory I don’t know ..

Ashleyninja

Young Cat
Purraise
👍👍 I have already seen that and did most of the steps but it didn’t work, I tried to teach it to cover by carrying him and showing him how it is done but it didn’t work and also I have changed the level of the sand but still jo change maybe because it separated from his mother when it was so young and feels that he doesn’t need to prove that this is his territory I don’t know ..
Maybe, well I hope more people who know the answer see this and help you!

Kai101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
K Kai101 , Without a known pedigree your beautiful kitty is considered a Domestic Longhair (DLH). His pattern is lynx (tabby) point. It's hard to tell the color from a picture on a computer screen, but possibly chocolate or blue.

Himalayan is a Division of the Persian Breed which consists of all pointed Persians. Your kitty is somewhat similar to the old-style Persians, but not the modern flat-faced type.

Ragdolls are pointed cats that have a very distinctive facial pattern, which your kitty does not have.

Balinese are basically longhaired Siamese cats. They have much longer, slimmer bodies.

You might want to take your question about litter box issues to the Grooming and General Cat Care forum where more people will see it.

Kai101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

thank you so much 🌹🌹

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cute! I would also describe this kitty as a blue lynx point and white domestic longhair.

I agree with you that this cat doesn't look anything like a Himalayan. It also doesn't look like a Balinese, which is a more slender breed with a flatter coat.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. All of the genes needed to produce your cat's color and hair type are widespread in the domestic cat population. It's most likely that your cat has his own special combination of genes which produces this lovely appearance. Domestic longhairs are great cats... each one is unique :)

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I was going to assume purebreed ancestry I'd say Ragdoll. The coat is very sleek despite being very puffy and the mane completes the look. The face looks Ragdoll to me too, though not the ears so much.

Especially if you aren't brushing the cat too much and it still looks like that.