What is my cat? Snowshoe mix?

erinloveshercats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted this lovely little lady. She's five-months old and still very small. I was told she's a snowshoe/siamese mix , but after perusing the internet -- she doesn't really resemble either. What do you think she is? Will her color darken up?

(It doesn't matter to me either way, I think she's perfect! I'm just curious how, or if, her colors will change as she gets older. :) Thanks in advance!
IMG_0698.jpg.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your prettie is a black and white point, in the Van pattern. She is probably mediumhair, because the tail is rather bushy. So she carries the longhair gen.
Breed is domestic medium hair.

Yes, having black in her arsenal, she will become blacker and possibly also blir darker on body.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Based on her build and coat pattern (points + white patches), she does look to me like she might have snowshoe DNA in there. The dark bits on her coat aren't solid black, which suggests to me that she carries the pointed gene and will darken up with age. Her white patches look like they're larger than would be allowed on a show standard snowshoe, but I don't think it's impossible for that to happen. However, as StefanZ StefanZ says, unless you have pedigree papers she is technically not a snowshoe but a domestic [length] hair. At the very least, she is a very pretty snowshoe lookalike.