What Is Mr.pebbles

cadetmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In September my daughter brought home this cute little kitten that was still being bottle fed. He was found in a field no momma cat and his liter mates were all deceased. He is Grey and black striped and no tail. He does not meow only makes strange chirping sounds. He can be very sweet at times but then can get kind of aggressive. He does have a vet and has seen her a lot.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting the pictures! I would describe Mr. Pebbles as a brown mackerel tabby domestic shorthair. (Brown tabby can be a warm brown color, or more of a gray like Mr. Pebbles.) It's possible that he lost his tail in an accident, or he may have been born that way.

He is a cute cat and looks like a very sweet little guy! When you say he acts aggressive sometimes, is it rough play? That can sometimes be a challenge when kittens grow up without mom and siblings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cadetmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for posting the pictures! I would describe Mr. Pebbles as a brown mackerel tabby domestic shorthair. (Brown tabby can be a warm brown color, or more of a gray like Mr. Pebbles.) It's possible that he lost his tail in an accident, or he may have been born that way.

He is a cute cat and looks like a very sweet little guy! When you say he acts aggressive sometimes, is it rough play? That can sometimes be a challenge when kittens grow up without mom and siblings.

Yes very rough play. I figured with not having momma cat for socializing skills and no liter mates to help teach good play and bad play he doesn't realize how rough he plays.
But he now will have a very easy going life as a lazy spoiled house kitty..

cadetmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has all kinds of toys now but his favorite is a wand toy. And of course our hands that we now where gloves to avoid that sharp little kitten teeth

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Mr. Pebbles is adorable! I agree with the description of brown mackeral tabby Domestic Shorthair. If you part the hair on the back of his tail, you might be able to see a scar (indicating that he lost it in an accident), if not, then he was probably born with a short tail. That doesn’t necessarily indicate any specific breed influences, as a bobbed tail can be the result of a spontaneous mutation as well.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello there, Mr. Pebbles. Be a good boy, ya hear? :)
You are one adorable little munchkin. :)

cadetmom1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have been playing a lot more with Mr.Pebbles. we have started to actual play more like a kitten would play with him. We do put gloves on so if he bites our hands its not too bad. Having been found in a field with no momma kitty and his liter mates all deceased I forget we are momma and playmates. As for what breed he is i might never find out . but I know he will be a very spoiled loved cat . that will never have to worry about where his next meal will come from. I will post pictures as his growth continues into an adult cat.
Thank you everyone. I love this site.