What is he doing?? Frantic kneading...

jezah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 4 year old male neutered cat Jinx has developed a new habit over the past year that is very interesting and I am curious about. I used to always have a boyfriend in my queen sized bed since I have had Jinx, but about a year ago we broke up and suddently the bed had a empty space. All my cats(I have 4)started to cuddle on the bed with me at night....and this is when Jinx developed a odd new behavior.

He paws and nuzzles frantically at the top of the covers begging to be let under them(even when its a 90 degree day, and he is a Maine Coon). When I lift the covers, he BOLTS under them and runs down to my belly. When he gets there he flops down and starts frantically kneading and licking my belly. If I am wearing a shirt he will claw and scratch at it trying to get to my skin. This was a quite cute behavior, but lately its gotten very odd. If I roll over to turn my back to him he will BITE my butt until I roll back over. I have had cats for years and this is the oddest thing I have ever seen. What is he doing?!?

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he's trying to get you to produce milk so he can nurse you! LOL It does sound a bit annoying, and I haven't a clue how you can go about getting him to stop it. Hopefully someone else will!

Take care,

Cally

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I roll over to turn my back to him he will BITE my butt
HAH!
Yeah, treating you like his mommy (kittens knead tummies to stimulate milk flow), and is a sign of affection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the big lug himself. 20lbs of giant baby!

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jinx is adorable!! My Lilly does the needing thing too, but she does it frantically on my neck and face.. LOL

I have to keep her nails really short, because she stuck a claw in my eye once...

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jinx is a beautiful cat! He's treating you as if you were his cat mother. Midnight does that extreme kneading, but he does it with his blankets. It's comforting to him.

quietlydestroyd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitsy insists on sleeping above me, on my pillow and will random kneed the back of my head in the night. It feels like someone is pulling my hair and it's so annoying. I haven't found a way to make her stop, either.
Sometimes I obsessively pet her so she gets annoyed and sleeps elsewhere.

Good to know it's not totally strange.