bney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
8CFFAC7B-5AC3-416A-A572-7AC223248229.jpeg
14B5F2B3-8F86-4CEF-B484-1AB84728D36C.jpeg
6DC49009-C485-47FD-B67F-2D6AE48A324F.jpeg
CECC853C-0D90-4A2D-9C1E-3FF772A0089A.jpeg

I’ve been calling her a calico but I’m not sure that’s exact. She’s also a bit fluffy too. I’m also curious if anyone has any clues what the father(s?) of her litter might have looked like if that’s possible? She was a pregnant stray so I have no idea and am just curious! The kittens are 1 white, 1 orange, 1 light orange/tan, and 2 black and white. Thank you 😊

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call her tortoiseshell and white, but if you say calico I think most people wouldn't argue. Usually a calico has larger color spots and more white though.

The white kitten is almost certainly pointed (like a Siamese). Probably a red point because dark points would be starting to show a little by now.

Do you know which kittens are girls? That will help identify what color the daddy might have been.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me she looks more tortie with white but strictly speaking I was told if they have any white they are called calico. My Syb in profile pic was a calico with a lot of white in her face and paws and belly etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would call her tortoiseshell and white, but if you say calico I think most people wouldn't argue. Usually a calico has larger color spots and more white though.

The white kitten is almost certainly pointed (like a Siamese). Probably a red point because dark points would be starting to show a little by now.

Do you know which kittens are girls? That will help identify what color the daddy might have been.
Omg you’re right about the white kitten! I haven’t really started handling them much until this week, Hazel’s been a great mama so I’ve been pretty hands off, but they’re now about 2.5 weeks and yep the white one has some orange-ness coming in on their ears and some faint rings around the tail! That’s so cool you were able to know that!

I’m unsure which are girls, I’ve spent forever comparing pictures online and it’s just so difficult to tell with my untrained eye.