What Instrument Are You?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
In "Peter and the Wolf", the characters are represented by instruments.

I would be a tuba, big, bold, and strong, with a range of abilities but mostly relegated to a supporting role.

What instrument would you be?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon , I loved listening to Peter and the Wolf on record when I was a child; I think it was the Peter Ustinov recording we had then. I listened to a radio documentary about it several months ago, which was fascinating. Apparently, it's been recorded thousands of times in hundreds of languages. I really like the David Bowie version. Which version is your version?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bagpipes. Annoying as hell,but beloved by my clan.
:flail:

I don't really know; I've always had trouble hearing the instruments in Peter and the Wolf as characters. I like the idea; it just doesn't resonate with me for some reason.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon , I loved listening to Peter and the Wolf on record when I was a child; I think it was the Peter Ustinov recording we had then. I listened to a radio documentary about it several months ago, which was fascinating. Apparently, it's been recorded thousands of times in hundreds of languages. I really like the David Bowie version. Which version is your version?
I have several versions on very old vinyl, but I really would like a good one on CD.

Which instrument would you be? You don't have to be one from Peter and the Wolf.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never played a musical instrument, but to dream about it, I would definitely want to be a percussionist, most definitely that is me, so I would say the Timpani Drums. :)
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon , that is a really neat question!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd want to be an instrument my cat likes, so that I wouldn't be the recipient of her redirected aggression, lol.

She hates bagpipes, sadly. All heck breaks loose.
I'd have to be a female opera singer...

(I have to wear headphones when I listen to bagpipes.)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I must say that I'm a wee bit surprised to find so many bagpipe lovers amongst you. In Edinburgh there's invariably a bagpiper lurking around the corner. Some are good, some are appalling! I like the sound of bagpipes in the countryside when a lone piper takes to the forest or a munro (small mountain) and you can hear it calling in the distance, rather than having to battle passed one belting it out on the pavement.

:fear: